Say Goodbye to Spring

August 15, 2014, 10:42 pm

Kyle pressed the phone against his ear while facing the hostile animatronics. Bonnie and Foxy stood deathly still, unblinkingly returning his gaze. The fox's sea shanty kept increasing on volume.

"Kyle, are you there?", Stella cried desperately through the phone. "You have to get out of there! Foxy's gonna bite your head off!" Kyle thought back to the arcade game, and how it depicted a pixelated fox biting a pixelated man.

"I think I saw it happening!", Kyle screamed back. He had to yell, due to Foxy's music. Then, he started hearing a cackling static on the other side. He stared down at his phone. It was only about two years old, so he shouldn't be having any issues with it.

"I ca—- —ar you! Tal- lou—r!", Stella cried. Her voice was being drowned out by the static and the sea shanty. Kyle sweat bullets as he put the phone back on his ear. He saw Foxy readying himself for another pounce.

"Listen, I love you!", Kyle cried as Foxy jumped and Bonnie rushed him. Now was the time to run. Gripping the phone tightly, Kyle spun quickly and ran out the building. He heard Foxy land behind him, and fought the urge to look back.

* * *

10:43 pm

Stella slammed the phone on the bed. Her hands trembled. She felt paralyzed in bed. Hopelessness washed over her. But then, something surged inside her. A thought:

Only I can do something about this. Jumping out of bed, she did not bother changing her clothes. Slipping on a pair of fluffy slippers, she grabbed the red foldable couple bike from the wall.

The bike was a wedding gift from her parents. However, due to the couple's sedentary lifestyle, it had been gathering dust, leaning against the back wall. However, now seemed like an appropriate time to use it. Grabbing it, Stella quickly ran out the door, only hesitating to shut it behind her ...

* * *

10:43 pm

Kyle ran as fast as he could into the car park. He wasn't in the best of shape, but the adrenaline pumping through his veins kept him going. He looked back over his shoulder. Bonnie and Foxy were still chasing him relentlessly.

Kyle muttered a swear as he remembered where he parked. Why do I always park on the third floor?, he thought. It took him awhile to realize that his call with Stella had been abruptly cut off. He fumbled his phone back into his pocket, prioritizing surviving now over contacting help. He heard one pair of footsteps lagging behind ... and the other one getting closer.

Kyle turned and saw that Foxy was now fully sprinting. Despite his legs now burning from overuse, Kyle still urged to keep going at full capacity. He couldn't afford to slow down anymore, not after looking back a few times.

Kyle saw the door leading to the stairway. As he rushed towards it, he heard Foxy's mechanical jaw snapping behind him. Just as Foxy was about to reach him, Kyle made it through the door and slammed it. Going up, he heard the fox slam against it. Wasting no time, Kyle ran down the steps.

Up at the third floor, Kyle finally found his car. He sprinted toward it, looking around for any sign of animatronics. With shaking hands, he unlocked it and jumped inside, slamming the door behind him.

Now that he was sitting down, Kyle finally realized how tired he was. He involuntarily let out a low sigh. Noticing how loud that was, he quickly ducked under the dashboard, releasing shaky breaths.

With a shaking hand, Kyle reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He dialed 911 as quickly as he could. He pressed the phone against his pale, sweaty face. He sighed in relief when an operator answered.

"911, what's your emergency?", a woman on the other side answered. Kyle breathed heavily, trying to quickly word his predicament.

"Listen, uh, I'm ... being a-attacked by anima- uh - thugs in animal costumes!", Kyle whisper screamed. At this point, he could barely hold his composure.

"Okay, what's your address?", the operator asked.

"I'm in the car park by Cawthon Park!" Right as he said this, Kyle heard it again. The interfering static in his phone. His heart sank.

"No no no no no no," Kyle muttered quietly.

"What is that?", the operator asked. "Could you repeat that, sir?". Just as Kyle was about to answer, his car radio came on at full volume. Kyle jumped, dropping his phone. His heart sank as he felt his car keys in his pocket.

The song playing was "Goodbye to Spring" by Josh Woodward. Kyle jumped up and fumbled desperately with the radio controls. No matter what he did, the song kept playing loudly. Eventually, he resorted to hitting the dashboard. He grunted hopelessly and put his head at the wheel. The commotion prevented him from the back door opening and closing...

"I need to get out of here!", Kyle exclaimed, finally realizing he is sitting in his escape. He thrust the car key into the ignition and started it. Without hesitation, he stomped on the gas and sped out of the car park. It took him reaching Cawthon Park to notice that his car was going slower than usual.

Kyle looked at the sidewalk, and realized the car was tilted upward. Something heavy was dragging the back end. He looked at the back mirror ... and screamed when he saw Bonnie and Foxy staring back at him.

Bonnie reached both arms toward the front seat and grabbed Kyle tightly. Kyle unconsciously press the gas harder, making the car go faster. It swerved side to side as he tried to escape the bunny's grasp. Meanwhile, Foxy silently laughed, his jaw bobbing up and down.

The car barreled towards another car parked in front of a red light. Kyle jerked the steering wheel to the left. Thankfully, he managed to dodge that car. However, he was now on opposing traffic. He found himself face to face with an oil tanker. The truck blared its horn as Kyle swerved to the right, narrowly avoiding a head on collision.

However, Kyle over corrected, and now he soon found himself barreling off the road

However, Kyle over corrected, and now he soon found himself barreling off the road. He drove straight into Cawthon Park, where the car then fell into a ditch and stalled. Despite all that happened, Bonnie's grip on him refused to falter.

Kyle remembered the knife in his pocket. He took it out, and quickly slashed Bonnie's arm. He didn't think it would have much effect against a machine. However, somehow, it did. Bonnie screeched mechanically as he let go of Kyle.

Taking advantage of this opportunity, Kyle pushed open the door and ran into the woods. Meanwhile, Bonnie stumbled out the car, grabbing where Kyle had cut him. Foxy ran out the same door, and pushed him out of the way. Catching sight of the fleeing man, he made a mad dash after him...

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Welp. This is the end of my chapter backlog. From now on, I'll be writing pretty much blind. Also, I've been challenging myself to write one chapter every week. Let's see how that turns out shall we? ;)

-KaneTheSheep 🐑