The Fox Opens His Heart

August 15, 2014, 11:20 pm

Stella and Kyle had left to go pick up Bonnie and Chica. However, not before they received reassurance that Freddy and Foxy would stay put. The fox smiled.

"Aye, lass," Foxy said to Stella. "After what Fatbear did to me, I won't be goin' anywhere." With that, the humans left the storage facility, leaving the two animatronics by their lonesome.

Freddy looked remorsefully at Foxy. The fox was rubbing his jaw with a thoughtful look on his face.

"I forgot how hard ye can punch," the fox said with a lopsided smile. Freddy sat down next to him.

"L-listen," said Freddy. "I'm s-sorry for breaking your jaw. I didn't mean to hit you so hard-" The bear's apology was interrupted by Foxy snorting.

"Aye, that's what ye said last time," Foxy said, that devilish twinkle in his eye returning. He lifted his jabot to further expose the hole in his chest. "Remember when ye put me out of order?"

 "Remember when ye put me out of order?"

Freddy stared at it sadly."Mmmhmm", was all he could muster. Foxy lightly chuckled.

"I didn't mind. I got to sit inside an' do nothing, while all of ye had to sing those stupid songs over an' over again." Then a pensive look came over the fox's face. "Although now that you mention it, I deserved it."

Freddy was taken aback. "What? Why?"

"Don't bull me, Freddy! You know why!", Foxy shouted. Freddy noticed that the fox's pirate accent slipped when he was particularly upset. Foxy continued:

"Because of what I did, they threw us away! If it weren't for our replacements being pieces of crap, we would all be in the scrapyard!" The red fox looked down at his feet. "I just thought if I did everything better... then you all would like me."

"The fact was... I was always jealous of you," Foxy said.

Once again, Freddy was taken aback. "Wuh?" he sputtered. "Why would you be jealous of me? Is it because I was put inside-"

"No, no!", Foxy corrected him. "Even before that." Freddy hummed in understanding.

Foxy continued: "In school, you had the best grades. Everybody liked you. You had a mom and dad that loved you. They even went looking for you when you were gone."

Foxy scoffed at himself. Red tears fell down his face. "Even now, you're a friggin' Boy Scout." He pointed at himself. "But me? I'm just a jerk who bites people's heads off."

Before Foxy could continue his pity party, Freddy wrapped him in a tight bear hug. Normally, the fox would reject physical contact of any kind. But this time, he was more than happy to take it. Freddy pat the fox's back as he quietly cried.

"C'mon, Foxy," Freddy said in a soothing voice

"C'mon, Foxy," Freddy said in a soothing voice. "You don't need to prove anything! We're your friends!" He raised the fox's head to face him. "We're your family..." the bear said softly.

Foxy gently pushed himself away. He sniffed while wiping away his tears. Looking up at Freddy, he cracked a little smile. "Say, ye remember how the grownups tried to replace me?"

Freddy thought for a moment, then smiled wider.

"Oh, yeah!", he reminisced. "They put a little TV in front of Pirate's Cove."

"Yeah! They put on a video of this stupid dog puppet! What was his name? Sparky, was it?" Foxy laughed, his pirate accent returning. "I had never been more insulted in me life!"

Freddy laughed along. "Yeah, and then the grownups were surprised when you destroyed it!" And so, the bear and the fox laughed at that silly memory for a moment.

Freddy shook his head as his laughter died. "That was so stupid," he sighed.

* * *

11:45 pm

Then, the storage pod door opened. In stepped Bonnie and Chica, who were both covered in dirt and mud. Following them were a tired ( and irritated ) looking Stella and Kyle. Chica shot them a snarky look.

"What else did you expect us to do?", she asked rhetorically. "It's been forever since we played outside!" Stella rubbed her visibly baggy eyes. Foxy looked over to her.

"So, did ye scallywags have fun?", the fox smugly asked the tired humans. Stella shot him a dirty look.