Blackout

August 23, 2014, 3:07 am

William froze in the darkness. Despite himself, his breath turned shallow and his heart started beating faster.

Get ahold of yourself, William!, the pale man mentally chided himself. Don't get scared just because the power went out! The backdoor is only a few feet away, so keep going forward!

William started hesitantly creeping forward. The more steps he took, the more confident he got. He reached out his free hand in front of him. Eventually, that wide, crooked smile appeared in his face.

This is too easy! I'll be out in no ti-

William slammed into something furry. He toppled backwards and fell over. His flashlight rolled away with loud plastic clicks. William cursed himself for not holding it tighter. He couldn't stew in his frustration, as something worse then happened.

William's blood ran cold when the "Toreador March" began playing in front of him. He shakily looked up to make sure it was what he feared. It was.

Freddy stood silently, looking down at William with flickering eyes and teeth.

Just as William was about to make a run for it, he heard other music boxes join in on Freddy's song. He turned quickly around. The pale man turned even paler when he saw three other flickering faces leer at him from the dark.

For the entire duration of the song, William sat frozen as the animatronics approached closer. Their music boxes played louder, almost mockingly. Eventually, the four faces surrounded him completely.

The untouchable genius William Afton held back choked cries as the four glowing faces looked down at him with a mixture of hatred and mockery.

Then, the music stopped. The faces turned off. Once again, darkness entirely engulfed the ruined pizzeria. For a moment, an oppressive silence hung heavily in the air. Then, another moment. Still yet, another.

SCREEEECH!

Then, an ear-piercing metallic scream erupted from the darkness...

* * *

3:08 am

Suddenly, with a BANG!, the lights came back on. Freddy looked down ravenously at the man he had captured.

Except, William wasn't there. The animatronics all hurriedly looked around. He was nowhere to be seen.

"Where did he go?!", Chica asked.

Foxy's face scrunched in fury. "How does he keep doing this? Getting away from us!"

One of Bonnie's ears perked up. He looked past Freddy and pointed.

"I heard footsteps!", the bunny squealed. Then, he pointed to the back door. "There he is! He's trying to get away!"

* * *

Meanwhile, William was trying to pry the back door open. Like the front doors, it was a large metal slab with many rivets.

William slammed into the door with all his might. Alas, it was no use. The door had long since rusted shut.

William's panic was made worse when he looked up and saw the four animatronics begin surrounding him again! With a quickness unlike his age, he dove for the flashlight he dropped. He picked it up and flashed everyone.

Bonnie, Foxy, and Chica were all stunned. William smiled. He thought of mocking them some more, but then realized he didn't have time for that. So, he turned and ran for the front entrance.