The Brown Bear's Sad Story

August 19, 2014, 2:35 am

For the past few nights, Stella's been waking up around two o'clock to see the animatronics. She's also been compensating for the loss of sleep by going to bed earlier. She goes by herself normally, due to Kyle not being big on the whole "waking up in the middle of the night" thing.

Once Stella arrived at their storage pod, she opened it up to see what the animatronics were up to. At the sound of the door opening, they all turned to face her.

"Hi, Stella," they all greeted in unison. Then, they all went back to what they were doing.

Freddy and Foxy were playing chess on the table. Freddy stared at the board with intense concentration. Foxy looked over the bear's shoulder, then widened his eyes.

"FREDDY, LOOK! THERE'S A COOL BUG OVER THERE!", the fox yelled. Freddy jerked around at his shoulder.

"WHERE!?", the bear asked. Taking advantage of Freddy's lapse in attention, Foxy snatched Freddy's queen piece and shoved it in his mouth.

Meanwhile, Bonnie was playing with Stella's metal tools, pretending that they are cars or planes. Chica was on the floor, playing with some modeling clay. She flattened it into a disc.

"Bonnie, do you want some pizza?", the chicken asked. Immediately, the rabbit's ears perked up. He froze, dropped the tools, then ran over to Chica.

"Oh boy, pizza!", Bonnie exclaimed. Chica ripped the "pizza" in half, then gave a half to the rabbit. Then, they both started ravenously eating them. Stella rolled her eyes. That's gonna be a pain to clean.

"Checkmate," Foxy said with a stuffed mouth. Freddy looked down at the board incredulously. The fox's queen and rook had trapped him.

"What?", Freddy asked. "How?... Where did all my pieces go?" Foxy chuckled, then opened his mouth. Immediately, white chess pieces fell out. The bear scowled at him. "Foxy, you cheating rat!", he said.

Foxy held up his arms and laughed. "I'm a fox, it's what I do!", he responded.

Stella smiled at the animatronics' antics. "Do you like the stuff I brought you?", she asked. The animatronics all said yes. "Good, good," she said. Then, she remembered to ask the Question.

It was a question she's been asking since the fateful events that happened here. This question created a nervous pit on her stomach. She was afraid of the answer. After working herself up for a moment, she finally had the nerve to ask the question.

"So... how are you guys alive?", Stella asked clumsily. Immediately, the room fell silent. The animatronics silently turned to stare at her. Stella stood frozen in place, her face turning red. She regretted asking in the first place.

Freddy beckoned the other animatronics toward the edge of the room. They nodded in understanding. So, they all huddled together and whispered to each other. Sorta.

"Should we tell her?", Bonnie whispered loudly. Foxy was quick to shush him. So, the animatronics then whispered as quietly as they could.

Stella tried to hear, but she couldn't make out what they were saying. She could, however, hear that they sounded distressed. She could make out Freddy's deep voice saying something urgently.

After the animatronics' conversation ended, Freddy broke away from the group and walked towards Stella. He stopped in front of her, then looked down at his feet. She noticed that he had a pained facial expression.

"Okay, Stella listen, uh...," Freddy stammered. He clasped his paws together tightly. He looked back to the other animatronics. They stood by the corner, staring back at him expectantly.