Their Happiest Day

August 30, 2014, 2:25 am

Kyle was jolted out of his bed by a loud scream. He in turn yelped when he saw a ghostly yellow bear floating above him. Then, he frowned.

"Goldie, don't scare me like that!", Kyle chided.

Goldie giggled as she lowered onto the bed. Kyle heard her springlocks snap into place, allowing her to walk like the other animatronics.

"C'mon, you're going to be late for the party!", Goldie said. Then, without warning, she grabbed Kyle by the arm and stumbled out the room.

"Say, how come I can talk to you, but not the others?", Kyle asked sleepily. It was a question that had been bugging him since the animatronics moved in a week ago.

"Hmm..." Goldie paused to think for a moment. After rubbing her chin, she found her answer:

"I think it's because me and the Puppet have more soul juice."

Kyle furrowed his eyebrows. "Soul juice?"

"Yeah, it's the shiny stuff that comes out of us when we get hurt."

"That sounds gross!", Kyle said. Goldie giggled to that.

* * *

It was then that they made it to the dining room. Kyle was now fully awake to see what happened.

"Wow," was all Kyle could sigh.

Stella had completely transformed their little dining area into a birthday paradise! She had taken all of her old Freddy Fazbear's decorations and set them up.

Star-shaped danglers hung from the ceiling. The table was covered by a tablecloth with a "LET'S EAT!!!" pattern. A large banner that read "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" was hung up on the wall.

The centerpiece of this display was a medium-sized birthday cake. Five lit candles (four on the corners, one in the center) were the only source of light in the dark room. Four plushies of the characters were placed around the cake, as if defending it.

Crowding around the smallish table were Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy. In the days before, Stella had salvaged parts from Mr. Skelly to replace all of their broken ones. The repairs weren't perfect (Bonnie's eyes were mismatched, and there were visible stitch lines on Chica's face), but for now they did the job.

Kyle walked over to the table. "Wow, it looks just like those old pictures of the restaurant," he said.

"Well, I can't take all the credit," Stella said. She flicked a thumb towards Freddy. "This big guy helped me out quite a bit."

At that, Freddy looked away and smiled bashfully.

"And, Chica helped me make the cake," Stella continued. At that, Chica gave a proud look to herself. However, she couldn't bask further in the compliment before she noticed a greedy blue paw inch toward the cake.

Chica quickly swatted it away. Then, from the other end of the table, a metal hook swung its way to the cake. She grabbed it firmly. Then, swinging her head from side to side, the chicken glared at the perpetrators.

Bonnie retreated his paw and gave a sheepish look. Foxy gave a mischievous "Did-I-really-do-that?" look as he retreated his hook.

"Aren't all these your vintage Freddy's decorations?", Kyle asked. "Aren't they, like, extremely rare and expensive?"

Stella shrugged. "Eh, they've just been sitting here in the cabinet, collecting dust." She smiled. "Besides, I can't think of a better use for them."

* * *