Chapter 21

⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️
This chapter will contain:
-sexual assault
-abusive behavior
-rated M for Mature
I will set warnings and let you know when it ends incase you don't want to read it or no longer can
I don't wanna make y'all uncomfortable while reading
Starts—⚠️warning⚠️
Ends—✅clear✅

————

"You sure this would fit?" Asami asked Opal, who borrowed Asami a dark red dress. Opal grabbed the dress and laid it over Asami's frame. "I think so, it fits me too long so it should be your size" Opal said handing it back to Asami.

"Hey when you're done changing you think you can help me with my makeup?" Opal asked making Asami smile and nod her head "of course"

After the girls got dressed, Asami started applying eye shadow to the short haired girl. Asami enjoyed doing Opal's makeup, it felt like she had a sister, even though it was just for a few moments. "There, what do you think?" Asami asked as she faced Opal to her mirror.

Opal smiled "wow, I never knew I can look like this" she giggled "I love it, thanks Asami"

A knock at the door caught their attention "come in" Opal said seeing Wei walk in "hey sis, they already started the first trial, grandma Toph said we leave in 30 minutes so we can make it to the second trial"

"What's the second trial?" Asami questioned

"Yeah, apparently the girl had illegal substances and supposedly was driving under the influence" Wei said "so the first trial is that, then the last is the police officers assaulting the girl, which is the one our grandmother needs to be at. She'll determine what to do with them since she's the Chief." He explained

"Ohhhhh" Asami acted like she knew what was going on.

—At the Court house—

"Korra Sasaki past the test with flying colors, there was no alcohol nor drugs in her system when she was asked to do the tests." Korra's lawyer stated

"Then explain what it was doing in the car" the judge asked

"The weed is medically proscribed to Mr. Ghazan Sasaki, now the beer I can not explain, it was in the car before she drove it." He said "it was in the back seat where the driver couldn't get easy access"

As the two spoke Korra kept her eyes to her shoes, thinking. The room fell silent for her. All she can hear was her heart beat and her breathing.

"Korra?" She heard Jenny whisper behind her "still with me?" She ask seeing Korra zoned out.

"Still with you" she whispered back and lifted her head to find her lawyer and the judge continue talking as a projector was showcasing the car and evidence. The lawyer walked over to her "you ready?" He asked seeing Korra's face confused "for the lie detector?"

"What?"

"The judge agreed on a lie detector, look if you did nothing bad just say that and you'll be fine, say the truth" he said earning a nod.

Korra looked behind her seeing her family and Jenny. Jenny nodded her head for reassurance. The security guided Korra to another room with a professional lie detector machine and guy. He attached her to the device "I'm going to ask you yes or no question, you will only answer yes or no, understand?"

"Yes"

"Good, your name is Korra Sasaki, correct?"

"Yes"

"Now Ms. Sasaki, did you know about the drugs in your car?"

"No"

"And the beer, did you know about that?"