Chapter 39

A/N: During the trial scene I'll be writing in script cause it's a lot of back-and-forth convo.

----------

Korra looked into her mother's and father's eyes "What's going to happen to them" by them she meant the red lotus.

"They'll be questioned and tooken to trial" Tonraq sad. "You're going to have to be questioned too, it takes place tomorrow morning"

"For now get some rest" Senna said rubbing Korra's arm

"Korra!" A bunch of kids crowded around the Avatar "You were AWSOME!" one said as he punched the air making Korra laugh. A small girl tugged on Korra's arm making Korra pick her up "Where are we going to live now?" She asked. Korra let out a sigh "Don't worry we'll figure it out" was all that she can say.

"For now, you kids and the rest of the people can stay in the extra huts in the camp site" Tonraq said.

Korra noticed Asami across the hut. Their eyes met making Korra's heart stop. She put the girl down and told the kids to stay with Tonraq. She made her way to Asami. "I owe you an explanation" Korra told her rubbing the back of her neck.

Asami didn't know what to say. She wanted to talk to Korra, but her heart wasn't ready. This whole time Korra was Blue, this whole time Korra hid it from her, this whole time Korra knew what Hiroshi did the her, this whole time Korra was the one who destroyed her family company, this whole time Korra knew and lived with her mother's killer. How can Asami just move on from that?

"I'm sorry" Asami looked away from the Avatar not wanting Korra to see her tear up "But I need space right now"

Korra heart ached. She didn't know what to do. "I-I understand" Her voice was shaky. "I'm sorry Asami" Korra walked away with her head down, until she left the hut. She fell to her hands and knees and cried out loud as she gripped the snow under her hands.

Senna quickly ran to her daughter picking her up "it's ok, she'll come around" Senna tried to reassure her "Let's go home" she said as they walked towards the palace.

Asami went back to her hut where all her friends waited for her. She explained everything to them. Jinora was quick to comfort the girl. The boys stayed in the hut so Asami wasn't alone. As Asami cried, Jinora and Opal climbed in bed with her. Opal held Asami close to her chest letting Asami cried into it while Jinora rubbed Asami back. They stayed awake keeping Asami company till she ended up crying herself to sleep.

Korra tossed and turned unable to sleep. She struggled sleeping if she didn't share the bed with someone. She grew up sharing her bed with Naga, sleeping to the sound of her heart beat. Then it was Asami. But now she has no one.

Senna walked into the room seeing how frustrated Korra was getting. "You ok?"

"I fine, I just.."

"Can't sleep?" Senna finished her sentence earning a nod. "Mind if I join you?" She asked not wanting Korra to feel uncomfortable. Even though Korra is her daughter, she still felt they were strangers.

Korra gave her a nod and made space for her. Senna laid next to the girl with a smile "I see things never change" Senna said making Korra give her a confused look. "You hated sleeping alone. I had to stay in bed with you till you were out cold. You used to lay your head on my chest to hear my heartbeat or just had me lay next to you just so you could hear me breathing" Senna chuckled "you didn't care, as long as you knew you weren't alone in the night"

"I'm sorry" Korra said as she held Senna "for that night I left home. I should've just stayed with you" she began to cry. "I never wanted this to happen"