Chapter 40

-Korra's pov-

After leaving the courthouse I went straight back to the hut I stayed in to grab the rest of my stuff since I didn't pack everything that night. I grabbed my bag and stuffed everything that was left in it. I opened the top drawer that was next to the bed finding a small brown bag. I opened it seeing the pearl necklace with the green gem I got for Asami.

I wanted to talk to her but for now I think it's best if I waited for her to come to me when she's ready. I just hope it's soon; I can't go another night without Asami.

I put the necklace in my bag and was about to walk out the hut till the door open. There she was, Asami, my heart raced for her. She came in with Jinora and Opal. The 3 of them noticed me once they stepped in. Opal and Jinora looked at me then at Asami who stepped aside, the other 2 did the same leaving me a straight path out the door.

I fought back my tears as I walked out.

I want to go home.

----

"Senna, Tonraq" I said still not use to the whole mom and dad label with them. "I want to go back to the city"

"What?" Tonraq was not fond of the idea.

"I have a friend out there I need to see before it's too late" I said "I'm getting on the next ship that's leaving in 30 minutes"

"will you be coming back?" Senna asked me

"I will eventually, I just don't know when" I said with a sigh

"You know today makes the 13 years we lost you" Tonraq looked down himself.

"I'll be back, I promise, maybe you guys can visit the city" I shrugged.

With that they hugged me as we said our goodbyes.

As I made my way to the docks, I found Gommu walking around, I told him I was going back home and he asked to tag along, of course I couldn't say no. we got on the ship and made our way home. We wouldn't get there till a little before sunset.

-----

Finally, back at Republic city, we found our way to my house, I walked in finding Justin on the hospital bed in the living room, he was still asleep. I looked at his monitor and saw everything was ok. I let out a sigh of relief and decided to look for Jenny while Gommu made himself comfortable on the couch.

I went into my room to see if Jenny was there but she wasn't. I sat on my bed letting out a sigh. I looked over at the corner of my room seeing Asami's bags and seeing her red hoodie. I can't stop thinking of her.

I got up grabbing her hoodie and put it on, which fit a little big on me. Vanilla Jasmine perfume filled my nose.

Before I can take another step a huge bang filled my ears putting me into a panic. I ran outside to the living room seeing Gommu also in a panic state and Justin was wide awake. "What was that?" I asked the 2

"Jenny, she's testing something outside" He said about to go back to sleep till he realized "KORRA?!" he smiled

"Hey little man" I said hugging him "I'll be right back" I said and went to the yard.

I saw Jenny holding something and an exploded watermelon. "Jenny what are you doin-AUGH!" Naga tackled me licking me all over the face. "OK OK OK, get off"

Jenny came up to me offering a hand "You're no supposed to be here"

"Well things change" I sighed

"Everything ok?" She asked.

"yeah, so what are you doing?"

"Oh right, I found the blueprint in your little workshop, so I built it" She handed me the thing to me. "this is how it works, you are suppo-" she didn't finish her sentence because she noticed me already knowing what to do. "Nevermind"