Chapter 38

"It can't be" Tonraq was too stunned, he didn't want to believe it. "You're lying!"

"My name is Korra, I was born in the southern water tribe, my father is Tonraq Chief of the Southern Water tribe, my mother is Senna." Korra didn't stuttered.

"You have no right to say such things! You're not her!"

"My name is Korra, spelt K O R R A, not C O R A" her words were getting to the man making his eyes widen. "And I am the Avatar" she said making a flame surround her fist.

"Enough of this" Zaheer grabbed Asami "Open the portal" He demanded as he used Asami's life to threaten the Avatar.

"There has to be another way" Korra said to the man that raised her

"There isn't!!"

Ming-hua grabbed Korra and shoved her towards the unopened portal "DO IT!" she was furious too. "Open the fucking portal Korra!"

P'Li's mothers instinct kicked in causing her to attack Ming-hua breaking the waterbender's mask revealing her face.

Asami noticed it was Korra's aunt, which meant... they all were her family members not just random people in a gang.

Ming-Hua went to Zaheer to help protect his hostage "Open that portal Korra or she's dead!" She grabbed Asami shoving her to the ground "What will it be Korra!?" Ming-hua's water arm wrapped around Asami's neck taking air from her.

No one moved, not wanting to make the wrong move. "You open that portal and your girlfriend can live or don't open it and she dies, so does everyone else here!" Ming-hua had a evil grin "Her blood is on you hands!"

Korra couldn't help but think about the kids, how their life would be better if Korra opened that portal, but she knew they weren't safe with Zaheer.

"What's the matter Korra?" Ming-hua's voice echoed in her head. Korra was growing furious "Let her go Ming-hua!"

"Not until I get what I want!" She squeezed tighter making Asami cry

"I SAID LET HER GO!" Korra's eyes glowed white, Korra moved in the speed of light as she rocket herself using airbending to jet to Ming-hua taking Ming-hua down without hurting Asami, who feel to the floor.

Ghazan pushed Tonraq out the way and ran to Asami. He took off his mask to get a better look at her "You okay kid?" he asked, Asami looked at him "Ghazan?"

Korra was battling against Zaheer and Ming-hua, they each took turns getting a hit in. Ming-Hua used a water whip slashing Korra's back, arms and legs. Korra managed to dodge one of MIng-hua's attack and landed a clean punch across her face making the waterbender fly across the area.

Ghazan saw that Korra was hurt badly and was going to need help "P'li, watch her, I need to help Korra" P'li listened with no hesitation.

Tonraq joined in helping Korra and Ghazan. Zaheer dodged every attack, he made the Avatar work. She was nearly losing, if it wasn't for the Avatar state, Korra would have been beaten.

Tonraq and Ghazan managed to capture Ming-hua. Tonraq had his guards escort everyone that came with Zaheer back to the village. P'Li took off her mask and helped Asami to her feet. "Can you walk?" she asked the girl who was thrown around all night. "Yes" Asami said.

"We have to get the kids and get out of here before things get worse" P'Li said. "Once Korra's in the state she won't get out till her mission is done" She said running with Asami to the ditch where Korra hid the kids and most of the elderly. Ghazan came in putting a kid on his back and picking up two and had 3 follow him.