Chapter 37

"Tonight that portal opens" Zaheer said as they ran out the village. "Everyone is here and is waiting on us"

The team made it to the cave where everyone was. Everyone was happy to see Korra, especially the kids. While everyone got ready to meet at the portal, Korra looked for someone specific. Korra only found Gommu. "Where's Jenny?" She asked him.

Gommu looked down "She stayed behind with Justin"

"Ok so what? I open the portal and tomorrow we go get them?" Korra said but earned a sigh from the man "What is it?"

"Korra, Justin...Justin's not doing so good"

"No" Korra's heart ached "You're lying" her eyes started to water

"I wish I was" He tried not to cry himself "The hospital sent him home, so he can spend his last days in a home, instead of the hospital"

"I want to see him"

Ghazan came in the conversation "You will, after we open that portal and take care of our people that we have now, I'll take you to republic city myself" He held the girl "I promise"

Before Korra can say anything else her leader grabbed her by the shoulders. "You ready to go?"

"Yessir" Korra responded drying her face up from the tears she shed. She knew in the state Zaheer had her in, she wasn't allowed to ask him any questions, or show any signs of weakness.

The group headed out, everyone carried supplies, Zaheer lead the way with Korra next to him, P'Li and Ming-hua stayed on the sides of the group and Ghazan stayed in the back.

----

"YOU LET HER GET AWAY??!!" Tonraq shouted at the guards who only brought in Asami. He sighed in frustration and walked away to a room finding the non-bender girl.

"Where is she?!" She shouted at the man wanting an answer.

"You tell me!" He shouted back.

"I don't where she is! you took her!"

"Don't cover for her" Tonraq wasn't happy.

"I'm telling you the truth" Asami argued "One minute your guards broke in the next I wake up here!" Her green eyes never left his blue ones. "So, tell me where she is!"

Before a word was said, a patrol guard came in "My Chief" He bowed making the chief live the room locking Asami in. "A group of about 100 people were spotted moving down the mountains towards the portal."

"the portal?" he asked "but they can't access it, it's closed"

"It's the masked people you are searching for sir"

"Send all the troops, leave only 15 behind" the chief demanded and got his coat.

"Already done sir"

"Have we heard from Republic city police after we reported their criminals?"

"Yes, they shipped the united forces this morning, they should be here by now."

"Send them too, we need all hands-on deck for this one." The chief said earning a bow and the guy left.

Tonraq grabbed his coat and went back into the room Asami was in "You're coming with me, maybe your little girlfriend will stand down if she doesn't want you dead" he took Asami who was in frozen water cuffs.

"Chief Tonraq" Tenzin ran in "You can't do this, sh-"

"You're on my land now" Tonraq said but Tenzin did not move out of his way "No, I'm not letting you take her"

"Out of my way bald boy" The chief said between his clenched teeth "Or my men will take you down"

----

Zaheer was slowly getting frustrated that the group was moving slow, they had to make multiple breaks due to the elderly or to the people who couldn't hold their pee.

after such a long travel they finally say it, Korra was in awe seeing the view of the closed portal. "Go on" She heard Zaheer say. She and only she walked toward it. She reached out for it till the place was surrounded by southern troops and police officer from the city "ON THE GROUND NOW!" Ice spikes, metal wires and metal shards were pointed at them.

Zaheer refused, he wanted to fight.

Some of the Benders in the large group helped Zaheer and his crew. They fought and fought, Police, warriors were getting injured, some died, but it was all Zaheer. He was mad, he wanted to rule, and he needed to get Korra to open that portal. No one stood a chance against him.

Korra didn't fight, instead she went to her people grabbing all the kids and hiding them in a near by ditch, she put her finger over her lips telling them to keep quiet. She went back for the elderly only to be attack by a metal bender. Korra did not hold back, she wanted to protect her people.

She knocked out anybody and everybody who came after her. She was untouchable. Just like Zaheer. Only thing was that Zaheer seemed to crave blood as he didn't only knock people out but may have killed them due to his force and anger.

"ENOUGH!!!!" A man full of anger shouted, Tonraq. He stood there with a girl forcing her to her knees. Korra looked up seeing Asami's life being threatened.

Ghazan stopped Zaheer and Ming-Hua from fighting when he noticed who the Chief held in his grasp.

"No one move!" He said bending an ice knife and putting it over her neck. "I know one of you gives a fuck about her" he had a grin on his face.

Korra sprinted towards the Chief till an Earth bender took a hold of her. Korra tried to escape from his grasp trying to reach for Asami.

"Blue?" Asami Whispered to herself seeing the blue spirit wanting to save her.

"One wrong move, and the girl dies" Tonraq threatened.

A chuckle was heard, one that belong to someone in a mask "Kill her for we care, she means nothing" The mouthless mask smirked under her mask. She grabbed Korra and forced her to the ground with her foot on her back "How about I do it for you" She extended her arm towards the girl.

"NO!!" Korra shouted but the attack was block by a block of earth. Ghazan walked towards the Chief and Asami "Take me instead" He spoke.

Asami was confused of the gesture.

"So be it" Tonraq said he had his guards tie up Ghazan having him take Asami's place, who was thrown to the floor. I can at least get one out of the way He thought.

Korra pushed off Ming-hua and ran to check Asami. Once she knew Asami was ok she looked back up at her uncle.

Tonraq made the man face him as he water bent his knife to a spear. He looked deep into the man's eyes as he raised his spear. As he stared deeper into his eyes, it began to change from brown to blue, his black hair turned brown. Tonraq blinked and then saw his kid, before he lost her.

He took in a breath I have to let go He thought to himself. He took a sharp breath and raised his spear ready to pierce the man's heart.

"STOP!" The Blue spirit shouted "Korra" they said making the chief stop and look at her.

"What did you just say?" He asking seeing her remove her mask revealing the person he knows as Kor or Kory. Asami's eyes widened when she saw who held her close "Korra?" Tonraq looked down at Asami and back up at the water bender.

Korra stood up dropping her mask.

"My name is Korra and I'm the missing Avatar"

------

A/N: Sorry this one is a bit short.
Sorry for any errors -Yami out