Chapter 36

A/N: The image above is the dark dragon tattoo I created for the red lotus. So you guys have a bigger Idea on it

---------

After a 20-minute battle, the sun was setting, only one person stood in the center, breathing heavily with sweat running down their skin. Their eyes craved for more. Bodies surrounded the person, they were alive but in pain or knocked out. Tonraq stood from his throne and took off her coat exposing his muscular form. He jumped down into the arena. "If you win, you take the throne and earned the title of chief." he said with a grin.

Everyone gasped at the Chief's words.

"What I miss?" Bolin asked coming back from the bathroom as he looked around seeing everyone in shock. "The Chief wants Korra to challenge him for the throne" Mako said not looking away from the arena

"WHAT?!" Bolin shouted "Can he even do that?"

"He just did" Wu said

Tonraq stared into the girl's blue eyes. In a quick flash, a blue demon mask covered her face then it was gone. Tonraq scrunched his eyebrows at what he just saw. Before he could think about it, Korra turned around and walked away without saying a word.

"Oh really? You beat all my warriors and you don't think you can handle me?" He laughed making Korra stop walking only to look over her shoulder to look at the man "I can handle you just fine" Korra said in a low tone of voice. "Then why won't you fight?" he asked and Korra scoffed "I don't want your stupid throne" She simply said and walked out the arena.

Asami heard the exchange of words. The words Korra spoke, Korra's tone, it all reminded Asami of the old Korra. The Korra who had no problem fighting Iroh or Tahno when they jumped Gommu, or the guys that were all over ikki, or even the guys that were trying to hit on Asami and Opal at the gym.

Was Korra full of anger at the moment?

Asami went to go chase after Korra. Till she heard her name called. She looked over seeing it was Tonraq that called her over. She went up to the man who had his arms crossed "How well do you know Kor?" he asked but Asami didn't know how to respond

"Pretty well" Asami said in a confident tone only to earn a look from the man "well, I don't think that's true" he said

"What are you trying to say?" Asami raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

Tonraq chuckled and lowered down to Asami's level "What I am saying is that night she wasn't in bed with you, you knew that and lied to my face, you know she's hiding something and so do I." He notice a tiny reaction from Asami "You want the truth? force it out of her. take the biggest evidence and hold that against her."

"What evidence?"

"Have you ever looked into her eyes and seen a mask cover her face for a second?" He asked and this time he seen her eyes widen. Her reaction made him smirk "You exactly what to look for" he then straightened up and walked away "oh, and Asami, I already have my guards watching you guys, you try warning her, I'm taking you both down." with that he was gone.

-Asami's pov-

He has to be wrong; Korra would never hide that from me, especially after everything I told her.

I thought about it deeper, it has to be ironic that Korra and the blue spirit are here at the south at the same time. but it only made sense that Korra is blue, but I don't want to believe that. Korra would've told me.

I was officially night once I made it inside the hut. Opal and Jinora were on the same bed talking while Korra was laying on the bed with her back laying against the wall as she read a book. Opal noticed me and waved for me to come over. so, I did