Chapter 42

A/N:
The image above is what Asami and Korra wore to the car show. (art by me)

- A week later-

Everyone who lived under the bridge, moved into the apartment building that Korra bought. She was able to give everyone new clothes, food in their fridge, and put the kids into school. Everyone promised Korra to find a job and get everything together, they said that their goal was to move out and get their own place.

Korra was home getting ready for the car show Hiroshi mentioned to Asami last week. She put on a black suit with a white button up under, a red tie that Jenny needed to help her and black dress shoes.

Korra went to the living room finding Justin watching Tv on the couch instead of the bed. "I'll be back later tonight, Jenny's going to be here but please if you need anything just have her text or call me please."

"Yes ma'am" He smiled. She gave him a hug then left to the estate

As she made her way up to the door, Asami's butler opened the door and let in the Avatar. "Asami's still in her room, Mr. Sato is in his office and Sarah is in the living room waiting for the Satos." the Butler notified.

"Thank you" Korra bowed and headed to the living room to meet Sarah.

-Korra's Pov-

I went to the living room finding a woman seated "Hello" I said catching her attention.

"Hello, you must be Asami's date" She got up putting her hand out. I took her hand into mine "I'm Sarah Malik"

"Korra" I smiled.

"Korra, I'm glad you can make it" A man spoke. I looked over, Hiroshi Sato stood there fixing his jacket. I knew he felt awkward knowing I wouldn't talk to him. But Asami wants me to try. "wouldn't miss it" I said.

"Hey since you're here, you think you can get Asami down here? she's still getting ready and we have to go now." he said to me like if I was a servant. I raised my eyebrow at him and he caught my thought. "Please, if you can"

I let out a sigh as I made my way up the stairs to Asami's room. I knocked earning a soft come in. I slowly entered seeing the girl going through a jewelry box. She looked over at me "You look dashing"

"Looking gorgeous yourself" I said giving her a wink. "Anyways your father asked me to come get you."

"I'll come right now, I just need to find a necklace to match my earrings." She let out a frustrated breath. I walked up to her "Look at me" I said making her face me, she wore gold earrings with green gems. I smiled "I think I have something" I smirked as I reached behind her ear and pulled out the pearl necklace with the green gem I bought for her at the south.

"oh my it's beautiful" She smiled staring at it "wait...How'd you do that?"

"A magician never reveals their secrets" I said "Come here" I put on the necklace on for her. "there" I said making her look into the mirror, she had a smile.

"I love it" She said then looked into my eyes "Thank you"

"Of course" I gave her a smile earning myself a kiss on the cheek. I took her hand so we can leave.

-Asami Pov-

The 4 of us got in the limo and headed to the place.

It was packed with other limos and paparazzi. This was a huge event. All the famous people were coming. This car show isn't just any old show. Each company created 1 car, and putting that one car in auction. There will only be that one design, no others.

If me and Korra end up getting a car or a couple, my agreed to keep them safe in the estate.

"Are you guys ready?" Hiroshi said as the limo stopped right in front of the walkway to the door. He was the first to step out and that's when flashing lights of the cameras started up again. You can hear the people say his name.