Chapter 27

-A week Later, the day before the trip-
-Asami's POV-

It's been a little over a week now. I've been staying with Korra and her family, they treated me like family too. It felt nice. I never really had a family this big or loving. I wish I can stay here forever.

I can't help but think about my father. I've been collecting news papers to keep up with his life and the company. Turns out the company building finished up their repairs after the first night I met Blue. And my father's estate was also fixed up.

Speaking of blue I haven't seen them in quite some time. I hope everything's ok.

Out of no where I received a text. I check to see from who, I had a feeling it was Korra. I grabbed my phone from the night stand and sat on the side on Korra's. I was wrong it wasn't her.

Dad: hey pumpkin, I don't know if you found out but, the repairs for the company finished up and everyone's back at work.

Me: yeah I read it on the papers

Dad: great! I was hoping you'd still like to join my company and get you job back?

I was surprised, he sounded genuine. Maybe that's what he needed, time away from me to come to realization. I had to think about it.
I do need the money.

Me: sure, when can I start?

Dad: That's great honey! I know you have school today so maybe an hour after school?

Me: I'll be there

"Be where" I jumped at the sound of the voice. I looked over at the bed seeing blue eyes on mine. "Korra?! You scared me"

"Sorry" Korra innocently smiled "where you going?" She said as she laid on her side keeping herself up on her elbow

"Don't be mad" I said holding out my pinky

"No I'm not promising" Korra said moving my hand away "i'm entitled my own feelings"

"Ugh fine, I'm going back to work" I sat on the bed next to her

"Wait woah, like at your dad's company?" Korra scoffed sitting up completely "no"

"Korra you can't just say no"

"I just did, you wanna hear it in Spanish? No"  she said it in a accent then got up off her bed and started getting dressed for school.

"Korra don't be like that, I need the money and I really think he changed" I implied but she wasn't listening to me she just looked through her drawers for pants and a shirt. "Korra why aren't you listening to me?" I asked as she pulled out khaki pants and a White T-shirt placing it on her bed, she then changed in front of me. She walked passed by me to get to her closet. I got up and walked towards her I grabbed her and sat down on the bed "what's going on with you?"

"Why would you go back to that man? After everything he did and said" Korra looked deep into my eyes

"Because even though he did those things, he's still my father! He's the only family I have left! It's not like I'm going to go back to living with him!"

"Why are you yelling?!" She questioned me. I felt frustrated "because you're not listening to me! You're just walking around doing whatever while I'm trying to have a conversation with you! And you wanna come and tell me if I can or can't work with my dad?! You're not my fucking girlfriend or wife or mom to tell me what to do with my life!" I shouted, I was frustrated. I took in a breath and let out slowly. "Look, I'm going weither you like or not" I said in a more calm manner

I went through my bag and pulled out black leggings and a red crop top. I place it on the bed and looked over at Korra. She was sitting on the same spot, she ran her hands through her hair as she let out a breath. She got up and grabbed a light blue hoodie from the closet and put it on. What have I done? I realized I shouted at her, I disrespected her, after everything she's done for me.
"Korra I'm s-"
"Drive yourself to school" she tossed her keys on the bed in front of me "I'm might be late" she said and left the room slamming the door.