Chapter 33

-Korra's pov-

We headed out into the cold. It was dark. I followed Zaheer and P'Li while Ghazan and Ming-Hua were behind me. No one has said a word to me. They only talked amongst themselves.

"we're here" I heard Zaheer say and we snuck around the building finding 4 guards lined up Infront of the doors. He looked at me and with his head her gestured towards them. I nodded. He want me to knock them out, so I did as told. I did it quiet as possible.

I heard a sharp whistle. It was our family whistle, a tune. A whistle that was used to catch our attention or to go over like we were dogs. I ran over to Zaheer and with 2 fingers he motioned towards 2 patrol guards. I went over and did my job. He kept sending me, no one else but me, I guess it was punishment. But I was getting burned out faster. I took down all 20 guards, by myself. I was exhausted.

Finally we made it inside without being caught. We ran to the basement where the vault was. At the same time the sun rinsed. P'Li went to blast the doors open but nothing happened. "I can't do it" her eyes were wide.

"Great, what now?" Ghazan asked

"Zaheer I-" I didn't get to speak. Zaheer put his hand up. "Did you forget?" He looked at me like I meant nothing to him. I hated this feeling. I hated being treated like this. I bowed my head "Apologies sir"

I looked back up to see P'Li with water in her eyes, she clearly didn't like it either. But it wasn't like she was going to tell him something, she was scared of him, only when he was truly upset.

"We must retreat for now" He spoke but I walked up to him and got down on my knees with my hands on my thighs and my head down "Permission to speak" I said. "What is it?"

This wasn't the first time I was treated like this. The first time I was 11, he treated me like a soldier for about 2 months and everything went back to normal. The reason? I ran away, only for 2 hours till Ghazan found me. I just wanted to go to the park with the other kids, it was the first time a kid invited me to play. Of course you already know what Zaheer said.

"I'm waiting" he told me

I looked up into his eyes "I can open it...I can metal bend"

"what?" Ghazan looked shocked "How?"

"Jenny" I said simply keeping my eyes on Zaheer "She was learning how to do it with someone she knew, I watched and heard everything he told her, I took everything I heard and brought home attempting it. He was teaching her everything he knew, what he didn't know was that he was teaching me too" I explained not blinking once, keeping eye contact with the man in control.

"Do it" Zaheer pointed to the door

I got up putting my hand to the door feeling the bits of earth in my palm, I stepped back closing my eyes, I kept a strong stance and moved my arm gently only to strike hard in the end making a small rip on the door, big enough for me to fit in. "Retrieve it and lets go" Zaheer said and I slipped in through the hole.

the room was a circle. In the center was a stand that held a box, around the stand was nothing but water, there was a path of ice in front of me. I went walking towards the stand. There it was, in front of eyes, the box that held all the scrolls, for the Avatar, for me.

"I don't remember you from yesterday" I heard a voice echo in the room. I looked around for the source, then a splash caught my attention, and there he was, like he fell from the sky. Tonraq.

He stared at me with deadly eyes. I knew there was a chance I could possibly die right now.

He water bent a ring around him waving his arms around taking a stance "I don't give a crap's ass who you are, you will not walk out of here with that box"