Lies

"I'm sorry sir, but your information is incorrect, I've lived with someone but he told me his name was lee yongbok, I don't recall ever interacting with lee Felix." Hyunjin lied confidently.

"Believe me sir, if I ever spot lee Felix, I will kill him on sight for the sake of our organization." Hyunjin sternly spoke; giving his boss a deep stare.

Hyunjin was lying, but he had no idea why.

Why was he protecting felix?

Does he still have a weak spot for him after all of these years?

"But if I may, sir?" His boss nodded, "Who has told you such things about me?" Hyunjin was curious but he mostly wanted to know because what if someone was spying on him for all of these years and Hyunjin never noticed because his attention was always on Felix.

"I'm sorry Hyunjin but you know that is classified information. I simply cannot tell you that, no matter how much I trust you and you actions." Hyunjin gritted his teeth but slowly nodded, "I- I understand sir, is that all?" Hyunjin asked, just wanting to get out of the situation as quickly as he can.

"Actually, I've decided to assign one of the new recruits to your mission. His name is Minghao, and no it's not the fact that I don't trust you Hyunjin, I just simply want to assign a new recruit to help you with this mission and maybe he could learn some thing from you in the process."

Hyunjin just simply nodded, "Sounds good." Hyunjin turned towards the man sitting in the chair, "I'm assuming your Minghao? Hi my names Hwang Hyunjin, also known as the crimson killer." Hyunjin extended his hand out for Minghao who gladly returned it, "Yes I'm Minghao, it's a pleasure to work with the best assassin in the guild."

They were interrupted with claps, "Alright, now that you two have met. The mission will proceed in two days time, Hyunjin, your the leader. So Minghao, you will follow his direct orders and do not disobey. Hyunjin, I'm looking forward to your success on this mission. Do not fail me." The boss spoke; harshly.

Hyunjin smiled, "When have I ever?" Hyunjin cockingly smirked.

☠︎︎

"So Minghao, what made you decide to come and join our organization? There's always a reason so don't try to tell me you didn't join for a reason, well except if you were forced."

"Really? I can't simply just come here because I enjoy killing people who sinned?" Minghao questioned.

"Well technically, since your here. You've already sinned." Hyunjin responded.

Minghao sighed loudly. "My boyfriend was killed by the green siphons, when your boss found out. He thought it would be a good idea to partner me up with you, thought it would help me relinquish my anger." Hyunjin softly laughed, "I pity you for what happened to your lover, but our boss isn't always this thankful, you most likely intrigued him some way." Minghao smiled, "I'm glad."

They continued to walk some more until Minghao spoke up, "You do know lee Felix don't you." Hyunjin froze, "W- why would you assume that?" Minghao smirked, "judging by the reaction you just had, already shows that he was someone important."
Hyunjin sighed in defeat, "But how exactly did you know? If my boss didn't know it then how did y-"

"Yongbok is Felix's Korean name. I only know that because I studied in Australia for a couple of year. it's a very interesting place, but maybe a little too hot for myself." Minghao shared, "Yes... I knew who Felix was but that's a story for another time, and no, I don't have time to tell it because We have a busy day tomorrow and I need my beauty reat" Hyunjin harshly told Minghao.

Minghao nodded, "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Of course, but don't be late, or you'll be target practice." And with that, Hyunjin walked off.

Leaving Minghao with his eyes widened.

☠︎︎

As Felix laid in his bed, his mind was clouded with abrupt thoughts. He was craving for fresh air, out door food, a chance to talk to his friends.
But he couldn't do neither when he was too scared to step foot out of his house.

He didn't trust it, not knowing what was going to happen terrified him even more. He wanted to talk with his sisters, he wanted comfort from his mother, but he craved answers from his father.

And just like the gods had heard him, "Felix let us in!" Was what he heard, when hands were banging on his front door.

Without hesitation, Felix rushed to the front door and yanked it open, revealing his father, mother and two sisters who's faces were flushed with worrying.

"Oh thank god." Felix's sisters said as they engulfed him in a heartwarming hug, but Felix stood frozen, "what are you doing here." He spoke firmly as he gave his family a blank look.

"Felix... let us- let me explain..." His father spoke sincerely, changing his words mid sentence.

Felix gave in as he slowly opened his door more open, gesturing then to come in.

A few moments later and Felix and his family were all seated down in his living room of the apartment, "Why tell me now." Felix was the first to ask.

Felix's father sighed loudly, "Because your in danger, son." Felix's eyes slowly widened at the sudden statement from his father.

"I- I'm- why would I be in danger?!" Felix asked slight panic rising in his voice.

"Because they know you exist. My enemy mafia."

The place went silent, "So exactly how does them knowing I exist mean I'm in danger?"

"If they know your alive and your healthy, they most likely have already assumed that your gonna take control of my mafia, and they see that as competition.

If they know your alive, they would try everything in their power to assassinate you before you inherit, which means sending in their best killer." Felix gulped nervously before he asked his next question, not know it was gonna haunt him for ages.

"Who's their best killer?"

His father sighed again before answering his question, "You may know him by the name, the crimson killer."

And with that, Felix's heart sunk deeper than it has ever before.

Hyunjin was gonna kill him.