Paradise

Maeve

After my press photos with Niall, I received a stern talking to about giving my PO a heads up anytime I did anything that would end up in the press. She insisted that while it wasn't bad, it's something they like to get ahead of in case it does turn bad. Pyrita also wasn't happy that I exchanged the extra sleep I needed everyday to go and hang out with a bunch of people and break the diet plan she just started me on. She ended up working me a little harder than I would've appreciated during the weekend, including some heavy endurance training. Whatever she did worked though as I came in third behind only the Mercedes duo in the race. Daniel was fifth with Seb between the two of us. Daniel wasn't super happy, but was quick to congratulate me on my podium.

He was leaving then. Daniel was supposed to immediately leave the track and head straight to the airport to get on a flight to Nice. Michael had told me about his plans to go home for three days before coming back to the factory. On a whim, I did what Daniel asked as a surprise to him. I booked a flight on the same plane to Nice just this morning. Michael even promised to switch seats with me so I could sit next to Daniel.

The look on Daniel's face when I stepped on the plane next to his seat after Michael walked two rows down?

Absolutely priceless.

"What are you doing here?" I dropped my bag on the seat and quickly rolled my carry-on into the overhead bun.

"Someone told me I needed to experience Monaco during the daytime. I figured as long as I was back for my actual classes on Thursday, it was doable...." His shocked face turned into one of his famous ear to ear grins as I sat down next to him.

"You're serious? You're coming to Monaco?" I nodded

"Assuming Michael isn't staying in your living room. Though I suppose I could stay with Max too." I heated as I buckled my seat belt.

"Michael can sleep in the car for all I care."

We both laughed at the very faint 'what?' From Michael when Daniel said that. That was the end of that though. Having a flight immediately after a race day meant that we were all exhausted. We all slept through the short flight and Daniel had us at his apartment just after midnight. Michael did actually have his own apartment in the city. We dropped him off at his apartment before Daniel brought me to his.

Daniel lived in a high rise along the edge of the city. It was a beautiful one bedroom flat with a spacious living room and a balcony with an incredible view of the harbor. I had seen many photos of it, but this would be the first time I actually saw it in person sober. Every other time had been very much so with glazed over eyes from intoxication and we weren't exactly "relaxing" when I was in town for a party binge. Plus Daniel explained the entire car ride over that he had plans since I would be here. Including the most important one of all.

"I was already going to see Max tomorrow around lunch. He'll be so excited to see you!" Daniel practically yelled as he let me into his apartment.

"Don't you have neighbors? They must hate you." I didn't have to look at him as I walked past him to know he was glaring at me.

"Why do you always have to kill the fun? I don't even understand how we are friends anymore." I laughed as I walked in, stopping in the hallways because I wasn't sure of where I was going.

"You know it's because I'm the only one that carries your energy most of the time. Speaking of which, where's your alcohol?" He locked his door and dropped his bags before standing next to me.

"Really? Not 'where can I put my stuff down?' or even a please first?" He just shook his head before walking farther into his apartment towards the kitchen.