Support Unnecessary

Daniel

Once off the plane in Montreal, we were immediately allowed to go back to our hotel. Maeve and I both had training sessions before dinner in our room.

"What sounds good?" I asked her as we entered our shared suite, dropping my bag down by the door and taking my shoes off.

"I'm not really hungry..." She told me as she did the same, her shoes and bag directly next to mine.

"Maeve, you haven't eaten anything since breakfast...." She shrugged as she walked into the living room area.

"This isn't part of what happened last week," She said as she plopped down on the couch with me following right behind her," I'm just not super hungry lately." I didn't say anything as I sat down next to her.

"Well you have to eat something. We have to get you ready for three schnitzels a day in Austria." she laughed as she brought her knees up to her chest on the couch.

"Righttt, I forget that I'm actually going to be there this time around for the race. Do we do our schnitzeling before or after the race?" I groaned.

"With a triple header, We'll be lucky to do it after. Maybe we should just shoot back over before Germany." she shook her head.

"I can't that week. I start my build for my engine. So I'll have to be at the school almost the entire week." I nodded then, grabbing for the room service menu laid out so nicely on the table.

"I know, school is important..." I opened the menu as I crossed my left leg over my right in my lap, resting the menu there.

"It is, summer break is when things will really matter though. I'll have to be at the school almost the entire break to do the build and then do proofing after Italy." she leaned against my shoulder looking at the menu.

"So busy. I could never." She laughed.

"Yeah, because this clothing line you're making, the multiple sponsorship meetings a week, driving, press, and just being Daniel Ricciardo isn't time consuming either." I looked down at her against my shoulder.

"Oh? So now I'm the busy one?" She looked up at me through her eyelashes and her smirk gave away her sarcasm.

"We're both busy, my busy was just limited to a two hour radius instead of galavanting all over the world doing crazy shit all the time. We are just different." I chuckled and basically threw the menu back to the table.

"No, you come and do crazy shit with me all the time!" She sat back as the menu was gone now.

"When I would come see you every other month if I was lucky. Now it's all work and school." I eyed her curiously.

"Are you trying to say that you're bored?" She shrugged.

"Sometimes," She reached over and picked up the menu again, placing it in my lap," It's hard not to be when I have to turn down all the fun stuff all the time." I threw the menu again.

"Then we'll go do something fun. Go change." I stood and she groaned.

"Right now? We just finished a workout and I'm actually tired." That almost made me give in because we did need some sleep, but it's only 6:30 PM. If we went to sleep now, it would ruin our sleep schedule for the week.

"It's too early. Go change." I walked towards my room before I even decided what we were going to do.

Luckily she had agreed to change and was waiting in the living room in jeans and her same Nirvana shirt from this morning. We just started walking through Montreal, not really making a plan and only stopping if something looked fun. We found a knife and ax throwing place that ended up being more of a blast than either of us thought it would be. Then we found a street car selling some Greek food before we decided to take a walk up the mountain in the city center with our food. It was calm and there weren't many people out as we walked up to the top before finding a bench to sit on and finish our food.