Give In

A/N: Alright, how are we feeling everyone?! Daniel is back on the grid!!!!!

I want to be excited, but that AT04 is just a very worrying car and I don't know what that means for him. Also poor Nyck. 

Here's an update though! We're about to get into some serious drama. 😉
As always, thank you for reading and let me know with you think with a comment or a vote!💚💚💚

Daniel

LA has been a good way to start our nice and relaxing few days off. Max had stayed at my house with us enjoying time away from the press and plenty of other distractions reaching out to him. Christian had even called, looking for an update on his state and hoping that he could bring Max into the car soon. Max was happy to deliver him the good news and promise that after Austin he'd be ready to try a free practice session. Past that, he even asked for a few days of alone time for mental preparations.

Past that, we were happy to show him around LA. Maeve wanted to show him all the places she visited when she still lived here. That included several hikes and visiting different bars we both enjoyed. Part of this was supposed to be relaxing though, leaving Max to enjoy my outdoor pool most of the time while we all lounged around the backyard. Maeve took up the patio table, finishing up her dissertation edits and getting slides for her presentation ready. I still worked out, but also invited over a few friends that I hadn't seen for awhile. It was fun to see them, but I was looking forward to some purely alone time with my girlfriend.

Something I wouldn't get when we were seated in the rented SUV on the way to Vegas. Max sat in the passenger seat talking about the week and trying to get any hint of what our plans were for him. I wasn't going to budge though, we had spent too much time planning to spoil it now. Maeve sat in the back on the short drive, drifting between sleeping and participating in the conversation. I'd know she's awake when I place my hand behind me on the headrest, her hand coming up and grazing my fingers before I could interlock our hands together for a few minutes. It was comforting to know she was there and trying to reach out.

"When is everyone else landing?" Max asked as we drove into the outskirts of the city. He'd been here before, but didn't hesitate to take a few photos. Maeve even leaned forward between the seats to take photos. Of both the skyline and the two of us in the front seat.

"A few of them are already here," Maeve spoke between us as she looked at her phone," Charles said they're having a problem checking in though since I did it as a group reservation." She read off the messages as I drove to the correct exit to get us to the MGM.

Maeve had booked every single Skyloft at the MGM complex. Several one bedroom, two bedroom, and three bedroom lofts that were divided amongst the drivers, trainers, girlfriends, and friends of the drivers that wanted to be here to celebrate and enjoy some time off. By absolute chance, Maeve and I were sharing a one bedroom, but Max had been given his own. We'd hoped that Dilara could make it, but she has exams this week.

"We're only 10 from the hotel. Tell them to cool their jets and we'll be there in a second." I smiled at her while we were at a red light.

"I'm just not gonna respond, they're patient." She leaned to the side, placing a kiss on my lips, the last we'd share for some time.

"I think I'm finally getting used to being the third wheel." We laughed together at Max as the light turned green.

The hotel was there just across the street and I was quick to pull into the valet line. Max and Maeve went ahead to get the guys as I told the valet whose bags were whose since they'd be delivered to our rooms for us before joining them. Inside, everyone was exchanging hugs and saying their hellos as Maeve was standing at the desk to get the rooms situated.