Let's Make a Deal

A/N: Another chapter and it's RAWE CEEK!!! That has had me cackling for the last few days on the internet.

Any good predictions? Who do we think was sandbagging? Who is over confident? Will Charles be betrayed by his own team again this year? Will Max win 8 championships back to back and then drive off into the sunset when his contract is up in 2028? Is the 210 points rumor true? 

I don't know, but I am sad that Daniel is not there for the comfy couch press conferences. :(
Thank you for reading and let me know what you think with a comment or vote! Cheers!
🖤🖤🖤

Maeve

Max's homecoming made me cry to say the least. They took it as a good sign and released the three of us to take the day off before the team party and the weekend in the sim. Max went to his flat to get some shut eye and alone time, but Daniel came back to mine. He tried to cook dinner for us, but I was thankfully out of food given the fact that I hadn't been in my own home for a few months for a substantial amount of time.

After giving up on his attempt to filter through the crackers and half empty protein powder jars I had, he ordered Chinese take out. To repay our last visit to his flat in London, I pulled out all of my blankets and bundled us both up in a makeshift bed on the floor of my living room. We watched some TV before going to bed to be ready for the next day.

Since my flat is much closer than his to the factory, we were able to go into the office for some sim time before splitting up to be ready for dinner tonight. He had to run back to his flat before dinner to get his outfit for the night. Imagine my surprise when there was a dress bag hanging off the door frame of my coat closet next to my front door when I made it home after leaving. It had a simple note attached.

It would look beautiful with your docs.... and on the floor later. ;)

That meant it was from Daniel and I couldn't help but smile. I was quick to bring the bag into my room and pull it out of the bag. The dress was beige and came down to my upper thighs, with full sleeves and a turtle neck with a cut out in the chest area. It probably wasn't the most appropriate for a team dinner, but I didn't really care. Daniel was right that it would look good with my docs, but I went farther to pair it with black tights. It was cute and staring at myself in the mirror I felt like it was perfect. To counteract the less fancy nature of the dress, I took out all of my piercings and did my makeup with a very light smokey eye and a light pink lip to match the dress.

The team sent a car to pick me up and for once, it was for me alone. The short drive gave me a few minutes to think alone for the first time in a while. I realized that I needed to give Steven some information and get the ball rolling on next year. The very idea that I could be in the top team next year and driving on my own brought tears to my eyes. One I quickly dabbed away at risk of ruining my makeup. I didn't know what was wrong with me that driving suddenly became so important that I was crying tears of joy over the idea of being able to continue doing it.

I took it as a sign that I was doing the right thing. That made me even happier as I sent off a text to Steven letting him know that he could contact Toto and Mercedes on my behalf to begin working on contract negotiations for next year. Steven seemed surprised, given that we had just signed him on full time and I'm sure he had already started working with Christian on my contract for next year. I assured him that while that would be the easier decision, this would be the best for me. In return, as I was pulling up to the factory, he asked what I wanted from the contract. It was an easy list, good pay, my two years with an option, and anything he thinks I should have.