Success

Maeve

Daniel and I didn't say anything about the previous night when we woke up. Instead, he simply placed a kiss on my forehead before going to his room to get ready for the day. It was a miracle that we had both finally slept through the night, or so I assumed by how easy it was for us both to wake up. I had a good feeling about today. It made me smile all the way down to breakfast and through the meal before we had to get in the transpo vans.

The team even said I looked good. Everyone commented on how confident I seemed and Pyrita was pretty happy with my warm up before having to get in the car for FP1. I knew what I needed to do then.

"I want fast laps." I told GP as I entered the garage with Pyrita hot on my tail.

"Fast laps? For FP1?" I shook my head.

"All of it. I want fast laps." Christian was standing next to GP as they had been discussing something prior to me entering the garage. I made sure to stare at him, making known how serious I was.

"Give her the fast laps. Daniel can run the endurance program for this race." I smiled, happy that he agreed with me.

"Thank you. I'll see you in the car." I patted his shoulder before going to Pyrita to get my last drink before getting in the car.

"Hello Princess, ready to ace FP1?" Daniel came into the garage with Michael next to him.

"Trying to top all FP this week. I asked for the fast laps." Daniel raised an eyebrow at that.

"You don't want the endurance program? You always want the endurance program..." I shrugged.

"I just want to try it once. I hope that's ok." Daniel placed both of his hands on my shoulders.

"Maeve, you race for yourself. That's our deal, we don't let anything on track affect us off track. Deal?" Pyrita and Michael suspiciously stepped away the second Daniel stepped towards me, taking up a conversation with the mechanics prepping the car on my side of the garage.

"Deal, Us at the top though, right?" He laughed, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me in for a hug.

"Absolutely. We're at the top of the world, you and I!" He sang, making me laugh and started singing the Juliana Theory song together, he let go of me to dance like an idiot as we sang together.

The team turned around to look at us and our karaoke moment, of course I just joined in. Michael only made it better by commandeering the stereo in the garage to properly play the song with 15 minutes before we had to be in the car. He had to have used Daniel's iPod because the song switched to another one of our favorites, One Week by Barenaked Ladies. The cameras seemed to show up then, taking a video inside the garage as Daniel and I were currently terrorizing the team in the garage. They didn't seem to care as they laughed and a few sang lines with us. Daniel and I eventually met up just outside of the garage as Constantinople from Might They Be Giants started playing, jokingly ballroom dancing outside of the garage in pitlane just before FP1 would start.

"Alright you two! In the cars!" Christian laughed as he walked past us to go to the pitwall.

"Yes dad!" We both said together with a laugh.

"I didn't realize I brought my kids to work today!" Christian jokes without turning around.

"No holding back." Daniel told me as we stopped dancing, holding both his fists up for me to pound.

"Same to you." I brought my fists up to his before we both went into our separate garages.

FP1 went just as I hoped. I topped the time chart with ease and was smiling when I stepped out of the car during the intermission. The team seemed to be in high spirits and I was dismissed back to my room.