El Plan

Maeve

My Sunday morning was spent staring out of the hotel window looking over the track in Monaco while Pyrita tried to coach me through the different yoga poses meant to help with the stress spots my muscles had endured over the last few months. Daniel had not responded to my message and I was worried it had been too risky. I had subconsciously been flirting with my best friend over text. No part of me had expected to send those messages, but he was responding and I had hit send before I could stop myself.

He wasn't a terrible person when it came to texting me back, but with the way this week had to go for him it didn't surprise me to not receive a response. What did surprise me was that I didn't hear from Daniel until we were both on track on Tuesday. With Monaco being a party hot spot, our first practice sessions were pushed to Thursday and press Wednesday. Tuesday was a prep day for us before all of the crazy events during the weekend that required all of the drivers, including the crazy fashion show I had agreed to. Charles had clearly baited me on this one as only a handful of the drivers were actually going to be walking in the show. Some were coming to just show face, including Daniel. Which I now wanted to back out of seeing what they had put me in.

"When I agreed to this, I didn't think this would be what they put me in!" I was outraged when I walked out of the bathroom in my driver's room to show Angela and Pyrita what the dress I was supposed to wear looked like.

It was a floor length plus some black dress. It was made of a satin material with a delicate lace overlay on the skirt that was honestly my style. The outrage was at the cut of the dress. While it had full, long sleeves of the black satin material, up my right side was a thigh slit so high I was going to have to wear certain underwear to pull it off. To make matters even worse, the dress was backless and clung to my shoulders like cling wrap as it cut into a deep V all the way down to my belly button. They had sent some jewelry with it that was absolutely gorgeous, but the thigh strap with the ornate Dragon that would peek out through the slit was a bit much.

"You look hot as hell Maeve!" Angela's jaw dropped as I walked out in the dress. Even Pyrita had a look of surprise on her face as I stood in the doorway to the bathroom awkwardly.

"No! Absolutely not. This is outrageous Angela. I'm not a fucking toy. They can put me in a normal dress or I'm not walking." I went to walk into the bathroom, but Angela stood.

"Come on Maeve, you look sexy as can be. Just try it on with the heels and let's take a few pictures."

Oh they had sent heels as well, if you could call them that. They were monstrously high platform Mary Jane type stilettos. They had two straps about a centimeter apart along the top portion of my foot and a third strap to go around my ankle. The only thing I loved about them was the almost black shade of green that they were to match the dress.

"Angela, drivers aren't supposed to engage in risky behavior during the season. I would classify these as risky behavior!" She only rolled her eyes and grabbed my arm. Pyrita enjoyed my comment though, a slight smile coming to her face as I crossed my arms while staring at Angela.

"You'll be fine. Come on, let's go take some photos on the landing, the lighting is better." I wanted to scream. Making me try this on was one thing, but to make me walk into the common area for the team was torture. It would give them reason to mock me for the rest of my time here if they saw me.

"Angela, no! I have to go down to the garage and work with the team!" She ignored me, helping me along so as to not fall in the heels. That alone said a lot about the fact that I was supposed to walk a runway in these on Friday. Again, my mind wanted to cite risky behavior, wondering if it would be an option on the hospital form if the worst happened this weekend.