Drifting

A/n: Well, it's been awhile. Life got a little crazy and I just wasn't motivate to write this story. There's a Max one I'm currently 40 chapters deep on though and will be posting soon. Let's talk F1 though.

DR3 IS BACK BABY!!!! Even with the broken hand, he just looks so happy and healthy. I'm excited for his return to his return and showing what he can do. Lawson is doing great in the mean time though! Ferrari is still biffing it big time. Max is still winning everything, including Monza probably. Congrats to Sainz on another pole. The poor Alpines. Nando being Nando. We get a George/Lewis team for another two years. Lance is going to Tennis? Where did those Mclarens come from? Where is Alfa Romeo? How did Albon get there!? Haas is doing... ok? and I think that's everyone?

As always, thank you for reading. Let me know what you think with a like or comment. Here's to the never one. Cheers.

Maeve

Knocking at the door is what woke me up the next morning. The breakfast that Daniel and I had pre ordered through room service to make sure we'd be awake and ready to go was delivered promptly at 8 am despite the little amount of sleep the two of us had gotten after returning from the date night I planned. Daniel was true to his word, catching up on all the times he denied me the last few weeks and making it well worth the wait. In the interest of keeping the night perfect and romantic though, we'd build a small pillow fort downstairs in the loft and put on a movie to watch together after showering. That's where we'd fallen asleep until now.

Daniel and I tried not to be clingy with each other, but when we had the rare moments of being alone it seemed like we'd drift together naturally. Even now when I could be sitting at the large six seat table in my own chair, Daniel had pulled me into his lap to eat breakfast. It was a cramped existence, but it made it more fun when we tried to be cute and feed each other only to end up practically shoving food into each other's faces with a laugh.

These were the moments I cherished. Both of us locked away from the real world, doing the same things we used to do as friends, just with more kisses and love involved. Proof that Daniel and I were two halves of the same soul. I couldn't regret what got us here, but I couldn't wait for the day these moments could happen without us having to hide away. Soon there would be a day we didn't have to schedule alone time away from even our friends, but that day was not today.

We had to be downstairs to meet the cars. Daniel threw on a pair of skinny jeans and a vintage Dale Earnhardt shirt to go with the black vans. I dressed similarly, a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a black ribbed crop top. With the weather a little windy and chilly, I also grabbed a zip up hoodie and an old Red Bull baseball hat to try and keep my hair at bay.

Daniel grabbed me before we walked out the door. One more kiss for good measure and another compliment paid to how good I looked before we were with our friends again. It made me smile as he opened the door for us both. That's where we had to leave it though as our friends were all surprisingly on time.

"Alright, there's gonna be 6 SUVs pulling up here shortly. Max, Jake, Michael, Pyrita with us. Everyone ate breakfast right?" Daniel asked for me as I grabbed the SUV we had rented for our trip out here. I'd have to return it after today, but with us having to go a little farther than normal it seemed smarter to keep for the day.

With no objections and everyone fed, we made our way to the first stop of the day. Daniel and I had secured a range of fun cars for Max to test out driving, but also for everyone else. On the north end of Las Vegas, directly across from the speedway was a driving school. Obviously, it was normal for other people to be taught how to drive fun cars. We weren't normal people though and I had my own tricks up my sleeve for how to make this entertaining.