What do you want?

A/N: Sorry for the delay! Work has been busy! It's testing week though and I am so excited to have the season back.Any predictions out there? Personally, I think Max is getting a third WDC, but Charles will be way closer this year. I hate to say it, but I think Nyck is going to do really well and Yuki will lose his seat. This leaves a seat open for a certain someone if you catch my drift...Thank you for reading!

Maeve

When I finally opened the door, Daniel was standing behind it with his team bag and a pizza box. I couldn't help the smile that came to my face when he looked up at me through his eyelashes and pursed his lips while holding the box out.

"Apology pizza?" I chuckled and opened the door wider for him to walk in.

Which he did quickly before unceremoniously slamming the door so he could kiss me. The loud bang made me want to chastise him, but instead I found my arms loosely hanging over his shoulders as he walked me backwards into the room. He peppered kisses on my lips and across my face as he did so, making me laugh before finally breaking away from him when I realized he was walking me towards the bed.

"Did you come here to get some or because you wanted to spend time with me?" I asked him as I pulled away from him. As far as I could with his left arm firmly wrapped around my waist.

"Why can't it be both?," He gave me a cheeky smile as he dropped the pizza box onto my bed to wrap both arms around me," I'm seriously sorry. Like, so sorry. I really thought he would take it better..." He frowned after his words, moving his hands to rub gently at my biceps.

"We need to discuss things together before we tell anyone else Daniel. If anyone has a reaction like Max, that's it for us..." I moved my hands down to his chest, absentmindedly playing with the strings of the hoodie he was dressed in. I couldn't meet his eyes, thinking over what else I had to say to him tonight.

"I know. I shouldn't have told him anything additional past what we agreed to," His hands came up to grasp mine, bringing them closer to his face so he could lay a kiss across my knuckles," Do you know how much I love you and want to marry you? I really thought Max would be excited about it." I sighed, motioning for him to sit down with a nod of my head. He did as I asked, dropping his bag at the foot of my bed before sitting down. I followed suit and sat down cross legged facing him on the bed.

"He's right though, we are trying to just jump into this headfirst without taking the time to figure our lives out. Things are going to get really complicated next year and I don't think marriage is the answer anymore..." He bit his lip, making me reach out and grab his hand.

"That doesn't mean that I don't love you any less than I do now. We just need to slow down and think about our options..." He nodded a few times before taking a deep breath and turning fully towards me.

"You're right and I'm sorry that I didn't take the time to really look into options before bringing up the marriage answer." A small smile came to my face before I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"It's ok. I understand where you were coming from. Obviously, I was more than ready to jump in head first too because I love you. We just have to be smart about this." He nodded.

"I understand, but we need to think of arguments for when we go to Christian, Cyril, whoever you end up with, and the FIA. We have to fight for us..." I bit my lip, my conversation with Seb coming to mind.

"I have something I have to tell you." He raised an eyebrow, motioning for me to continue.

"Toto found me today in the Paddock before he left." Daniel exhaled a breath dramatically as he looked down at the floor.