The First Attempt

Maeve

Waking up on a boat does not assist any kind of hangover anyone could ever have. Instead of being stationary and being able to fight off the nausea, I ripped myself out of Daniel's arms on the pull out couch's thin and squeaky mattress to make a beeline for the bathroom.

"You ok?" Max was asking a few moments later through the hollow bathroom door as I was emptying my stomach of last night's dinner and drinks. He must've been in the small kitchen area making breakfast and heard me getting sick.

"Why do we drink? It's always such a bad idea..." I weakly replied without opening the door. Not that I could get up to open it if I wanted to at this point.

"Mate, D is dying in the bathroom!" I groaned as another wave of vomit climbed up my throat.

"Jesus Max, leave her be." Daniel responded, closer to the door than the couch now. I heard a smack soon after his words and smiled briefly knowing that Daniel had hit Max in some way to make the younger man yell expletives.

They left me alone to empty the contents of my stomach for a bit longer before someone knocked on the door while I leaned against the wall. Daniel's head popped in a few moments later.

"Good morning, beautiful. Someone drink too much last night?" He smirked as he opened the door fully to show a water glass and pill bottle in his hands.

"Vanfanculo"(Fuck You) I groaned as he placed the water glass next to me on the ground and opened the pill bottle.

"Maybe drink a little less next time," he ignored my expletives as he handed me a couple of the round red pills," take these. Max said there's a tooth brush under the sink and then we have to go. I have a training session soon." I just glared at Daniel, who was now crouched next to me. Despite him having somewhere to be, I was clearly in no position to be up and moving at this exact moment.

"Or she can take her time and I'll take her back to my apartment to sleep the rest of this off." Max added as he appeared behind Daniel, placing his hand on his shoulder as he stood behind Daniel's crouched form.

Daniel turned to look at Max. Another silent conversation happened as I sat idly in front of them. Just moments later Daniel nodded as he stood, but looked back at me.

"Yeah. We can go with that. Max has a key to my apartment so when you're ready you can change and hang out with Max for a little bit. I have a long training session and then some meetings I have to do but I should be done by the evening." Daniel explained his day. However, in my hungover haze all I did was wave him off and groan.

My eyes were half closed and I barely heard what words Max and Daniel exchanged before I was already almost asleep. Someone's arms ran under me to pick me up and put me back down on the pull out mattress before I could fully fall asleep.

When I woke up, the living area on the boat was dark and no one else was around. I groaned, rubbing my eyes as I sat up and took a look around the dark living room as my eyes adjusted to the low lighting. The boat was rocking much less than it had been last night, leading me to believe we were no longer out in open water.

"Daniel? Max?" I groaned as my own words made my head pound. Luckily, the pain was much milder than it had been the first time I woke up.

Despite the pounding still happening in my head, I stood out of the bed and clumsily made my way top side to look for everyone. Someone had guided us back into the dock, confirming my suspicions that we were no longer in open water based on how calm the boat's rocking had been. The sun was high in the sky telling me it was probably midday. Yet, no one was on the boat. My bag still sat in the grill area with my phone in it. I had a massive amount of messages from different people once I finally checked it. Charles, Pierre, Kate, and Charlotte had all said thank you for the hangout time yesterday and they were sorry because they left before I woke up. Christian had called and then texted about some changes to the cars for Monaco. Max was the one I really paid attention to though since Daniel had not texted me.