...Reality Sets In

A/N: I've been waiting for this chapter for a long time. In fact, it was one of the first things I wrote when I decided I wanted to do this story. Please enjoy the calm before the storm 😘

As always, thank you for reading and let me know what you think with a comment or a vote!💚💚💚

Maeve

I blinked, my painfully pulsing head working extra hard to try and remember what happened last night as I looked around our room. Daniel, still asleep on his stomach, has his arm loosely draped over my bare waist. A smile came to my face as I saw how peaceful he looked, finally getting the sleep he had desperately needed since he had been taking care of me.

My right hand reached out as I laid back down, brushing the loose curls from his forehead that had flattened against it during the night. It made him stir, he winced as the headache was surely setting in. My hand pulled back, not wanting to wake him up to experience the pain I was experiencing. Instead, I gently slid out from under his arm and moved towards the bathroom. Just in time for the nausea to set in. I barely made it to the toilet before puking up whatever I had consumed last night.

"You're gonna have to share." Daniel came into the bathroom behind me and I sat back, wiping my mouth off with the back of my hand as I did so.

He wasn't kidding as he kneeled down next to me, puking his guts out as I leaned against the tub. Despite barely being able to move, I was rubbing his back soothingly with my eyes closed to make sure I didn't puke again as well.

"We must be real couple goals."He chuckled a bit later after he had finished.

"Oh, every other couple is completely envious of us. Puke is the thing that separates couples usually, we made it through though." I lazily smiled as I opened my eyes.

Daniel was leaning his elbows on the toilet bowl as he stared at me. His eyes ran over my body, not in want, but in the awestruck kind of way. It made me roll mine. He saw the action and reached out, caressing my jaw.

"How are you doing? Do you need anything?" I squeezed my eyes shut as another wave of pain pulsed through my head. He sighed, but I responded by reaching into the tub behind me and turning on the water.

"That's why I love you." I smiled as he looked at me.

"Crazy, I think I love you more." I reached up with my left hand to place it over his, but his eyes widened and he suddenly sat up much straighter.

"Maeve... where did that come from?" he pulled his hand out from under mine, grabbing it to pull in front of both of us.

I don't know how I missed it. The large gemstone ring sat like a lighthouse on my left ring finger. I recognized the gem as opal right away, surrounded by a few smaller deep blue and purple stones set in a silver colored metal. We both stared at it for a moment, I was unsure of what to do or say or what I was feeling. Until I realized what it meant and immediately looked at Daniel's left hand. A thick Silver band with tiny inclusions of the same stones sat on his left hand. Something he only realized when I looked.

"Oh my god... did we-" I shook my head, refusing to believe we'd be so careless.

"No, they wouldn't let us do that right? No one would let us do that right?" He asked me, looking around the bathroom for something as if the answer was on the walls or the counter.

"I don't know... Oh my god. What if we did? We said we wouldn't! Max is going to kill us..." He stood, staring down at me.

"Maybe they don't know? Maybe we walked off and they just thought we were being us? I don't know." I took a deep breath, fighting the pain as I stood and went to the bathroom sink.