Tell That To The Crowd

A/N: Short filler chapter. Thank you all so much for reading though. I never imagined this story would be as popular as it is!

As always, let me know what you think with a comment or a vote! Cheers! 💚💚💚

Daniel

Maeve told me to head up and grab our bags while she went to grab the car that was apparently part of this special surprise. I followed her rules, calling for a bellboy to help me get everything downstairs. Taking a moment, I looked around the room. While I spent plenty of time in various hotel rooms around the world, the skyline of Las Vegas and this room would be forever ingrained in my memories. Leaving a hotel felt weird for the first time ever, but the idea that soon I would be home with my wife was motivation to finally say goodbye to the loft and head downstairs.

That's where the next surprise was waiting. In the general pick up area, Maeve was standing there leaning against a car Daniel had only seen in old movies. The candy blue thunderbird was something out of an old war movie, but with her leaning against it it looked like a dream. She smiled widely behind her sunglasses as I approached.

"Wow, what a beaut..." He said as he looked at the inside of the car where her phone sat on the passenger seat and nothing else.

"Me or the car?" She chuckled. Maeve smirked as I looked at her.

"I think you know the answer to that." I stared at her and made sure to convey my thoughts. She only winked at me before opening the trunk.

After some serious maneuvering to get all of our things into the car, having to give in and put some of the things we could in the back seat, she stood at the back of the car with me. Again we were far too close for friends, but at the moment I didn't care.

"I believe you're holding something of mine Mr. Ricciardo." She held her hand out as her right hip leaned against the car.

"Oh, I know. I'm honestly a little hurt that you didn't ask for it sooner." I smiled as I pulled the necklace over my head that had both of our rings on it.

She had her left hand out as I took the ring off the necklace. I couldn't help myself as I slid the ring over her finger. She smiled up at me as I did so, my eyes moving to her face as soon as the ring was situated where it belongs. To my absolute surprise, she reached out for the other ring before grabbing my left hand.

"You know, I planned this whole thing for you," She smiled softly as she slid the ring on my finger,"For you, and only you because you've said up and down how much you wanted to do something. We have 5 days to get to Austin and it seems this is going to be our accidental honeymoon." She tapped her finger on my knuckles before placing her hands at her side.

"Oh yeah? That seems fortuitous." There was a smile on my face that hers matched I'm sure.

"Very. Ready?" She nodded towards the car and I only nodded.

She moved to the driver's side first and I wanted to protest. The car was beautiful and this would've been the perfect time to drive it.

"Don't worry, you'll be doing most of the driving, I'm just gonna get us to the first stop and then it's all yours. Sound good?" I smiled, loving that she knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Alright. Let's get to it then."

She hopped in the car, buckling just the lap belt that was available. After waiting for me to do the same, she pulled out of the valet area. With the top down, the autumn air of Nevada made it very clear what time of year it was. I was chilly, but she only drove about an hour and a half until we were over the border to the south and in Arizona. We were next to the highway called I-40 in a place called Kingman when she pulled into a truck stop and parked to get gas. I stayed in the car, retrieving my jacket from my backpack in the back seat while she started the fueling process. Then she was on my side of the car, leaning on her elbows into the car and smirking at me.