4. Hostage

A beam of light glaring mercilessly into you eyes woke you up the next morning. Still half asleep, you turned around in the soft sheets.

A warm familiar scent surrounded you and you nuzzled your nose into the pillows to inhale the magical smell deeply.

And then it came flooding back to you.

Mr. Lee.

Your sacrifice.

Your abduction.

Your eyes flew open and you sat upright, the blankets sliding off of you, heart beating in your chest.

It took you about five minutes to finally calm down completely before you realized Mr. Lee had told you to be at breakfast by 7 sharp. You checked the minimalistic alarm clock on the nightstand. It was 6.55.

You jumped from the bed and flew through the doors entering a hallway that you barely recognized. When you had arrived yesterday, you had been so busy screaming obscenities and trying to hurt the bodyguards holding you that you hadn't really paid attention to the layout of the house.

You had no idea where the dining room was. Or the kitchen.

Shit.

You ran from door to door, trying your luck one after another. Some were empty bedrooms. Other seemed like storage. Some were locked. You paused for a second when you stumbled upon a studio, with all kinds of instruments and recording apparatus. Did Mr. Lee know how to play?

After two more locked doors, you finally heard something. It seemed to come from the end of the hallway. You ran towards it, turning right and immediately smashing into someone, losing you balance.

Strong arms and a muscular frame caught you just in time.

'There you are,' Mr. Lee said putting you back on your feet delicately. Your heart instantly shifted to fifth gear. 

'I told you to be at breakfast at 7 p.m. sharp,' he dictated harsly, but his eyes... His eyes had a different look. Softer...

'I overslept. I didn't know where to find the dining room,' you panicked.

'Didn't you take time to explore the house yesterday?' Mr. Lee said raising an eyebrow.

'How could I? The door was locked,' you scoffed, instantly in defense mode.

'No it wasn't,' he said simply.

'But,' you started, your voice trailing away when you thought about it.

After Mr. Lee had left you, you hadn't checked the door to see whether it was locked or not.  You had simply assumed it was and explored your room instead before falling asleep on the bed...

'Y/n,' Mr. Lee said. It was the first time he said your name. The way he said it sounded soft, affectionate. Almost like... a lover.

'Y/n,' he repeated and you looked up to meet his warm dark eyes, 'you are mine,' his words thrilled your core. 'But you are not my prisoner,'

Your breathing slowed.

'You are free to roam around as much as you like in this house. You can go outside, you can explore the gardens, you can leave the property anytime you want,' he said softly. Your eyes instantly grew big.

'As long as you remember that you are mine and that you will return to me,' He said taking a step closer.

Your mind had gone blank. It was as if he had some kind of magical power over you.