16. Remember

'Oppa, wake up,' you spoke quietly to Mr. Lee. You had been waking him every two hours for the last eight, trying to make sure he didn't have a concussion.

Mr. Lee opened his eyes slowly, meeting yours.

'My dear, my Y/n,' he croaked, stretching his hand out to you to touch your face but pulling it back quickly when he felt the pain of his gunshot wound.

'How are you feeling Oppa?' you asked him, carefully examining his face.

'You're so beautiful,' he whispered, ignoring your question and smiling softly.

'Let me take your temperature,' you said worriedly. You took the thermometer from beside you and bent over to him to scan his forehead.

The thermometer beeped and you pulled back but Mr. Lee suddenly grasped the front of your sweater tightly with his good arm, making you unable to move away from him, faces only inches apart.

'Don't go,' Mr. Lee groaned. You could feel your heartbeat rise instantly. His perfect face was so close to yours. His soft nose, his kind eyes, his sweet lips, slightly parted.

'I want you... so bad,' Mr. Lee whispered. He pulled you in closer to him. You didn't resist. You couldn't. You didn't want to.

Closing your eyes you leaned in as Mr. Lee pressed his lips softly to yours.

His lips were even softer than you had imagined. They were warm and gentle and nipped at yours.

The world around you vanished as Mr. Lee kissed you and you kissed him back. Nothing in the world existed anymore except for his plush lips, his soft moans of desire, his hand cupping your face, and the storm of butterflies that had exploded in your stomach and were fluttering from the top of your head to your toes.

When his lips finally pulled away from yours he smiled at you weekly.

'I've wanted to do that for so long,' he said slowly, his eyes half-closed as he looked at you.

The thermometer beeped again and, not knowing what to say or do, you quickly checked it.

'Oppa,' you began, your cheeks still hot from his words and your kiss, 'you're running a high fever, I got to get you an icepack,'

'Please, don't leave me,' Mr. Lee croaked as his eyes shut again and he slumped down a little.

'I'll be right back Oppa, I promise,' you told him, carefully removing his fingers from the front of your sweater.

When you woke up the next morning the couch was empty. Feeling instantly panicked you jumped up and without thinking you ran to his room.

Without knocking you pushed open the door to find Mr. Lee only in his pants.

'Oh you're up,' Mr. Lee said casually as if he had not just spent the previous day completely out of it.

'Can you help me with my shirt? The pants were difficult enough,' he asked.

'You almost gave me a heart attack you idiot!' you cried.

Mr. Lee blinked.

'I'm sorry, I wanted to get changed before you would wake up,' Mr. Lee apologized.

'Not now! Well, also just now, but I mean yesterday,' you snapped at him. 'What were you thinking? What happened? Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you call out for help?'

You had to do your best not to tear up.

Mr. Lee looked at the floor, his face in a sad smile.

You stomped over to his bed and sat down on it. Determined not to leave before you had any answers.

Mr. Lee slowly hobbled over to you and set next to you on the bed with a loud groan.

He sighed.

'That night I got a call from an employee,' Mr. Lee started to explain. 'He said there were some difficulties in the deal and that the other party had demanded to see "the boss",' he put quotation marks around the words with his fingers. 'So I decided to hop by and help out. However by the time I arrived the fight broke out. It was an absolute mess,'

Mr. Lee shook his head.

'This is why I hate dealing in car parts, most parties are so uncivilized,' he said. 'But it's one of our most highest-earning businesses,'

'Anyway, some punches were thrown, shots were fired, but I still managed to drive home. However, when I got home I think I must've lost too much blood and passed out,' he shrugged, groaning immediately at the movement.

'Never leave the house again without letting me know where you're going,' you demanded pouting.

'Yes ma'am,' Mr. Lee chuckled which turned into a cough.

'Now will you help me into a shirt, 'cause I'm getting kind of cold here,' he joked. You looked down at his bare chest. The sigh of it was very distracting but you tried hard not to mind it. Instead, you checked the stitched-up bullet wound.

'You're lucky that thing didn't hit anything important or do much damage,' you said shaking your head and getting up to find him a shirt.

'I'm lucky you're good at patching up idiots,' Mr. Lee smiled.

'Much practice,' you sighed. 'Too much..'

You picked out a comfortable-looking sweater for him and walked back over.

'No, I need a shirt, I have an appointment this afternoon,' Mr. Lee began, but once again you cut him off.

'You're not going anywhere. You just fought off a high fever and you need rest to recover,' you demanded pulling the sweater over his head mercilessly.

Mr. Lee rolled his eyes but he knew there was no arguing with you.

You carefully helped his arms into his sleeves, trying your best not to touch his inviting and muscular arms or chest.

'I don't regret going through,' Mr. Lee said suddenly.

'Are you insane? You could've died!' you said incredulously.

'Maybe,' Mr. Lee said nodding slowly and then grinning broadly, the scratches on his face stretching out. 'But if I hadn't we probably wouldn't have kissed for a very long time,' he said cheekily.

Your heart skipped a beat.

'I-I,' you began, no idea what you wanted to say.

'You thought I would've forgotten because of the fever?' Mr. Lee asked.

You nodded, looking away.

'I didn't,' he said simply. He bent over to you to try and see your face. You could feel his hot breath tickle your neck.

'I can if you want me to,' Mr. Lee added in a slightly worried tone.

You got up and walked away, stopping just before the door.

'I don't want you to forget,' you admitted, back to him, not daring to face him.

Then you quickly ran out before he could say anything else.