9. Handcuffs

You had taken your time to have breakfast, which was just as good as last time.

But once again, when you had finished eating and showering, you were at a loss to figure out what to do with yourself.

Spotting the note on your nightstand once more, an idea popped into your head.

What would Mr. Lee's bedroom look like?

Feeling slightly sneaky and mischievous you walked out of your room, starting your search for Mr. Lee's bedroom.

You found it quite quickly since you had already explored the first floor before and there as not much to explore on the ground floor.

Mr.Lee's room was on the third floor. It was similar to your room, but almost twice the size, with a sizeable balcony attached to it.

You decided to take a closer look at his bookcase. Most books in it you had never even heard of. They mostly seemed informative books, subjects on philosophy, war, food, healthcare, astronomy, and more.

Apparently, Mr. Lee had a wide range of interests.

Next was his walk-in closet. It surprised you to see that it was not solely filled with suits. There were jeans, baggy sweats, hats and caps, hoodies and t-shirts as well.

You also found a collection of at least 40 fancy-looking watches. 

In his bathroom, you found nothing unexpected. Just the usual grooming products one would use. His tub however was noteworthy. It was twice the size of a normal bathtub and you figured it could easily fit two people. It also had holes in the sides, which you figured functioned to create bubbles or jetstreams. 

His desk was last and seemed most exciting. There were several files scattered on it, complete with notes in his handwriting. It seemed like he was making some sort of deal with a food-chain restaurant. What it was about was unclear to you, however.

Feeling like you hadn't learned much about Mr. Lee you jumped on his bed with a sigh.

However, an odd sound made you sit up immediately again.

You rummaged around the edges of the bed until you found what had caused the sound. 

Between the mattress and the edges of the bed was hidden a set of handcuffs. They were not the normal handcuffs you had seen before. These had soft white fur around the hard metal of the parts that would go around one's wrists.

Fascinated you played around with them, putting them around your wrists and tugging on the chain to see if the fur helped the pain.

'Having fun?' a voice suddenly sounded behind you.

You started and almost fell off the bed.

Turning around quickly, with your hands still cuffed together, you saw Mr. Lee standing in the door opening.

Shit.

Caught-redhanded.

A smug grin played on his lips as he walked over to you and sat next to you on the bed.

He looked at the handcuffs around your wrists, sighed then bit his bottom lip.

The sight of it was enticing.

You swallowed, throat dry.

'You know, if you do these kinds of things, it'll be hard for me to contain myself,' he spoke, his deep voice almost a whisper.

Before you could even think of what to say he chuckled.

'Let me release you,' he offered, putting out his hands towards yours.

He undid the handcuffs from your wrists and put them back on the bedsheets.

'Had fun snooping around?' he asked you with a boyish grin.

You felt your cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

'I-I didn't mean to,' you started but he waved away your words with his hands.

'Don't worry about it, I was only teasing. You are free to go wherever you want, I told you this. You can snoop around as much as you like. I have nothing to hide from you,' Mr. Lee said friendly. He moved his hand up as if he was about to cup your face with it, and you held your breath, waiting for the warmth to touch you. But he pulled his hand back at the last second, disappointment raining down on you.

'Forgive me,' he said, his mouth pulling at the corner. 'for acting so impulsively. I...' he said, pausing, apparently looking for his words. 'There is something about you that feels so... familiar. I feel like I've known you for years. Causing me to forget your boundaries,' he said chuckling sadly and waving the hand he had almost touched you with.

To hell with boundaries, touch me anywhere, everywhere.

You felt slightly embarrassed by your thoughts.

'How about this, okay, hear me out,' he said almost clumsily, which warmed your heart, 'I know it might be pushing it, maybe it's too soon, but since last night...' he babbeled, before taking a deep inhale and composing himself. 'How about, from now on, when I get home, you give me a hug,'

A hug...

Your heart rate rose instantly. To think you got the chance to hold him again...

His strong arms around you...

His scent calming you...

His heat warming you...

Your mouth felt dry and you felt a pulse go through your lower stomach.

You would've liked to cheer upon his request. But instead, you simply nodded.

Mr. Lee's face instantly lit up.

'Really? I mean, if you're okay with it. I don't want to force you to do anything,' he said the last sentence in a much more serious tone.

The duality of this man was almost funny. One moment he was the clearheaded demanding mafia boss who looked like he could break you with a move of his finger. The other he was stammering like a schoolboy standing in front of the class, not knowing the answer to the question the teacher had told him.

You simply grinned at him, and he grinned back at you, opening his arms for you.

You scooted over closer and stuck your arms out as well, closing them around his waist. At the same time, he wrapped his arms around you, lightly pressing you to his chest.

You could hear his fast heartbeat, smell his cologne, feel his warmth. 

Once again it felt like home.

Mr. Lee let out a deep sigh, as if he had finally stepped into bed after a long day.

After what you deemed far too short, he let go again, facing you with a broad smile.

'How about lunch then?' he said raising his eyebrows.

______________________

WRITERS NOTE

Thanks for voting and commenting!