6. Heiress

'Abeoji! Eomeoni! Binna!' you called out their names as you ran into the villa. The dark wood furniture and walls seemed like such a warm contrast compared to the whites in Mr. Lee's house.

A shriek at the sound of my voice came from the nearest room and Binna's face appeared in the doorway.

'Y/n?!' she cried out as your best friend flew over to you and into your arms.

'I'm so sorry! It should've been me! I didn't know. Are you okay? Did he hurt you?' Binna cried as she hugged me so tightly it felt like my ribs could crack.

'Eomeoni!' She called out to her mother without waiting for an answer from me.

Binna's mother came walking around the corner. Her face just as pale as I had seen it last time.

'Thank heavens. Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Did he touch you?' She asked worriedly.

'I'm fine. He didn't hurt me, nor touch me,' you answered.

'How long do you have?' Eomeoni asked as she let go of you. Binna was still crying softly.

'What do you mean?' you asked confused.

'I mean how long can you stay here? Ten minutes? An hour? I think your father can be back in half an hour if I call him now,' She said hastily as she looked around her nervously.

'Don't worry. I can stay. I don't have to go back,' you said shrugging. 

Binna gaped at you in surprise. 

But her mother didn't seem convinced. Her eyes were narrowed and she held your shoulders at an arms-length distance, studying your face.

'Well, no matter, we'll take all the time we can get with you. Why don't you go get cleaned up, you're still wearing last night's clothes, and I will call your father to get back home,' she said nodding wisely and she let go of you.

'Let's go!' Binna said excitedly, grabbing my hand and pulling you out of the hallway towards your room.

You looked back over your shoulder at Binna's mother, who followed you with a worried gaze.

'Did he really not touch you?' Binna asked as you put on a fresh pair of jeans. You had just taken a shower and felt all clean and refreshed.

You shook your head.

Why did you wish he had?

'How very strange,' Binna said frowning. 'And he let you go just like that?'

'Just like that,' I nodded. 'I found it strange too, but I wasn't gonna argue you know,' you said shrugging.

 A knock sounded on the door.

'Y/n? Your father is here,' Binna's mother's voice spoke.

'I'll be right there Eomeoni,' you called through the door.

Perfect.

You had been thinking it over long and well in the shower and there was something you wanted to talk about with your father.

Urgently.

When standing in front of your father you felt rather nervous somehow. He was sitting behind his desk, his hands folded as he looked at you worriedly.

'Are you alright?' he asked you.

'Yes,' you answered.

'Did he hurt you?' dad went on.

'No,'

'Did he touch you?' dad asked.

You almost rolled your eyes at the repetitive question but you managed to hold it in and shake your head.

'Thank god,' dad asked.

'Abeoji, there is something I want to ask,' you started, feeling nervous and clasping your fists behind your back.

'Tell me, my daughter,' your father said.

'I would like to start working with you,' you said the words quickly. 'I want to become part of the clan. For real,'

Your father raised his eyebrows at you and his eyes grew big.

'Did he put you up to this?' dad asked his tone dangerously low.

'No! Not at all! It is something that I myself wanted,' you said.

Your father considered you for a second before taking your hands into his.

'I don't think it wise my daughter. It is to dangerous,' he said.

You scoffed.

'Yesterday night I had a gun to my neck and was being held down by two bodyguards before I got abducted. I think I can handle it,' you said laughing sarcastically.

'I don't think it's a good idea,' dad said shaking his head.

'Why not? I'm of age, I'm your only daughter,' you stated all the reasons you had thought of in the shower.

'You are of age and you are my daughter, but I just don't think it's safe,' dad repeated.

His answers made you irritated.

'I know it's not safe! That's the whole point! Next time I get a gun shoved to my spine I would at least like to know why! Let me be a part of your clan! I am the heiress!' you shrieked pulling your hands from your fathers.

'You lower your tone young lady!' your father belted. 'You might be my daughter but you certainly will never inherit my clan,'

'What?' you said, your veins starting to feel cold with shock.

'You heard me! You are far too irresponsible! Lounging with the members, asking around. Listening in on my work conversations. Getting yourself taken by that son of a bitch,' your father berated you.

'I did that because you never let me in on anything! I did that for you!  For the clan!' you cried out.

Your dad simply scoffed at you.

You felt furious. This clan, your clan. It was meant to be your clan. You had tried your best your whole life to prepare yourself to finally be let in. Finally, be working alongside your father. You had snuck around, trying to gather as much information as you could just so you would be prepared for the day it would happen. But now your own father, the man who always went on about the importance of blood, was not letting you join him?

You let out an exasperated screech before storming out of the room.

So much for being welcomed back home...