7. Betrayed

You stayed at your father's villa for the rest of the week.

Both your father and Mr. Park kept asking you questions about Mr. Lee, trying to get information on him out of you. But you honestly knew very little about him besides that he didn't have any home security.

At the end of the week even Eomeoni, Binna's mother, started to ask you questions about him. But you simply gave her the same answers as you had your father and Mr. Park.

You were quite sure they put her up to it. They probably thought you were being insincere towards them because they dropped the bomb on you that you would never be a part of the Buja clan.

Binna didn't ask much about Mr. Lee luckily. She mostly talked about Eun-woo and his supposedly dreamy eyes and hair and everything. You were happy to listen to her stories and fantasies. It seemed like the only thing that felt like home anymore.

Your father as well as Mr. Park and Binna's mother acted differently around you. And you were quite certain it had nothing to do with the fact that you had asked to be a part of the clan. No this was something different.

Your father had doubled the security instantly and he, Mr. Park, Binna's mother, and even the employees acted like you were some sort of bomb which could go off at any minute. They all kept their distance and held conversations to the bare minimum.

With that, you got the same question from them, several times a day.

"Did you hear anything from Mr. Lee?"

"Did Mr. Lee contact you yet?"

"Do you know when Mr. Lee expects you back yet?"

It was clear to you.

You weren't a part of the Buja clan anymore at all.

You were Mr. Lee's property.

'Abeoji,' you said after seven days during dinner. You had barely spoken to him at all except when he had tried questioning you about Mr. Lee.

'Yes my daughter,' father replied, cutting his steak.

'Is the reason that I won't be the Heiress anymore because Mr. Lee has claimed me?' you asked the question that had been bothering you for days.

Binna looked up at you surprised. You hadn't told her about your falling out with your father, nor about how disconnected you felt with your families and the clan.

'No, you were never meant to be the heiress,' dad answered without skipping a beat and blinking.

Your cutlery fell out of your fists on your plate with a loud clattering.

The one thing...

The one thing you thought had to be the reason. Surely it had to be because Mr. Lee had claimed you. Surely...

You had gone over it so many times in your head. Trying to find a logical reason, and this being the only one you could find.

'Then why?' you said with clenched teeth. Anger seeping through your veins.

'Well, because you're a girl of course. You wouldn't be able to handle it nor would anyone take you seriously,' your father answered chuckling to himself at the idea of it.

Your body felt like ice.

With one harsh movement you got up, your father looking up in surprise when he heard your chair fall back.

Without saying a word you ran out of the dining room towards your own. Tears of anger, frustration, and utter injustice running down your face.