39. Detail

'Wait how many days left 'till Beon-Yeong opens?' Mr. Lee asked you with a pen in his mouth, looking down at the stack of papers in front of him. You sighed agitatedly.

'Three weeks,' you said for the umpteenth time.

'Hmm,' Mr. Lee hummed, then he suddenly looked up at you in shock. 'Three weeks?' he repeated shocked.

'That's what I've been saying,' you said clicking your tongue, 'The invitations are out already, but I still don't know where the Rodalav shipment is right now,' you said agitatedly.

As the opening of your art gallery was getting close you had mainly focused on working. Mr. Lee had still insisted on accompanying you everywhere, which caused him to get behind on his own work, making him work late nights, sometimes even 'till morning to get everything in order.

Mr. Lee clicked his tongue as well. 'The Rodalav shipment should've been here days ago,'

You rolled your eyes at his obvious statement.

'I know, that's why I'm telling you,' you scowled.

'Right,' he said blinking and yawning for a moment, 'I'll get someone to fix it for you,'

Mr. Lee yawned again. He didn't look too great. He had barely slept in days but he kept insisting he was fine. It hurt your heart to see the dark circles underneath his brown eyes.

'Oppa,' you said drawing his attention and his eyes locking with yours, 'I don't want you to go with me anymore,' you decided.

Mr. Lee looked stunned. He got up and out of his chair, towering over you and looking annoyed.

'What? Why?' he growled.

'You promised you would respect me. Respect my decisions. This is my decision. If it makes you feel better, you can send some bodyguards to accompany me instead,' you told him, folding your arms determined and looking up at his angry face.

Mr. Lee swore and scowled.

'If you think you're doing this for my sake, it won't help,' he growled. 'Instead of actually knowing how you are doing I'll be distracted all day wondering how you are doing. I won't be able to do anything anyway.'

'Then what am I supposed to do? Chain you to your bed and tell you to sleep?' you spat back at him.

Mr. Lee chuckled darkly. 'I'd like to see you try,' he scoffed looking away from you.

You sighed again. Why was he so damn stubborn?

'Oppa,' you tried in a softer tone now, putting your hand on his face, 'I'm worried about you. You barely sleep, you work too much...' Mr. Lee closed his eyes and leaned into your hand, clearly sinking into your touch.

'I miss you,' you whispered. Mr. Lee opened his eyes and put his hand over yours. You had barely had any time to be intimate with him since last time. Now and then he'd hold and kiss you, but whenever your work was done, his work started, tearing him away from you.

'I know my dear, I miss you too,' he said, taking both your hands into his and sighing as well. 'It's just a few more days okay? The cut with the car department is almost made, just a few more loose ends to clean up and everything will be running smoothly again, okay?' he promised.

'You said that last week too,' you reminded him sulkily.

'I know, but I promise this time, okay?' he said, kissing your hands.

'Right,' you spoke pouting.

'I promise,' he repeated. 'And I promise I will take the day off so we can finally test out our brand new pool okay?'

'Okay,' you gave in. Neither of you had had the time so far to make use of the brand new deck and pool in the backyard. You had thought that once it had finished, it would've left you with more time. Sadly that hadn't been the case.

'Do you really not want me to go with you anymore?' he asked you, almost pleading.

You hesitated for a second, weighing your options.

'I think it'll be best for you if you'd had more time to work,' you said. Mr. Lee swore at your reply.

'Fine then. But I'm putting a four-man detail on you, plus a driver. I want you to text me every half hour, letting me know you're safe. Those assholes are still acting up and there's no way I'm letting them touch a hair on your beautiful head,' Mr. Lee persisted.

'You fire all of them, so It's not that strange they're upset,' you argued jokingly.

'Technically it's all your fault they're out of a job since you gave me the idea,' Mr. Lee defended himself laughing.

'Are you saying you changed your mind about the four-man detail?' you grinned at him.

'Hell no,' Mr. Lee scoffed, pulling you into his arms and holding your tightly against his lean body, 'No one is allowed to touch my girl,'

You giggled at his words.

----------

WRITERS NOTE

Special thanks to all new readers honeypigs, kookieJam097, SOLEIL-01 , Bangchanisdaddy5 , maritpwk_ , and everyone else who voted, commented and/or started following me or added my story to their reading list. It means a lot to me ♥️