43. Dinner

'Welcome home, Oppa,' You chimed happily as you heard the front door open and close

'Welcome home, Oppa,' You chimed happily as you heard the front door open and close. A growl sounded back from the hall and you could hear by the way he kicked off his shoes that Mr. Lee wasn't in the best mood.

'What's up?' You asked worried as you walked over to the entrance to visit him. His face was grim and his knuckles were white as he took off his coat, but his eyes softened when he saw you.

'Had to buy a new car today. Again,' Mr. Lee grumbled as he hugged you tightly, his hand stroking the back of your head in his signature move.

'Again?' You exclaimed in surprise. 'That's the third time in two weeks!' you huffed in disbelief.

'I know,' Mr. Lee said with clenched teeth, letting go of you. 'I honestly don't know how they manage to do it,' he said, putting his hand through his hair. 'Even when I park it in view of security cams they somehow manage to blow it up without being spotted,'

'You almost sound impressed,' you said incredulously.

'Well, I am, but that doesn't mean it doesn't piss me off,' he swore. Mr. Lee sat down on the couch and rubbed his forehead. You went to sit next to him.

'I'm pretty sure it's a small group. Five, maybe ten people maximum. I just don't get why they think it'll help. It's not like blowing up my car will give them their jobs back or will make me reinstate the car parts department,' Mr. Lee spoke.

'Maybe they just want to hurt you financially,' you suggested. Mr. Lee hummed and narrowed his eyes.

'No, I think they intent to hurt me. I got lucky today that my driver spotted one in the rearview mirror. He stepped out to check it out and the boot blew up. Luckily I was in the front seat because it wiped out most of the backseat,' Mr. Lee said thoughtfully.

'WHAT?!' You shouted out. Mr. Lee looked up in surprise at your exclamation. 'WHY DIDN'T YOU START WITH THAT?!' You raged, furious he only now told you about the attempt on his life.

'I'm telling you now,' Mr. Lee shrugged like it was nothing.

'Are you okay?' You yelped, grabbing his shoulders and studying his body as if you hadn't just hugged him tightly.

'Y/n, I'm fine dear,' Mr. Lee tried to calm you down.

'The driver?' You asked worriedly.

'Also fine, he had just enough time to jump behind a concrete pillar,' Mr. Lee ensured you.

'My god Oppa, we need to do something!' You put your hands in your hair worriedly.

'No shit,' Mr. Lee said drily. 'If you have the solution please tell me because I don't really feel like getting another Audi blown up,'

'I'm serious Oppa!' you said frustrated at his casual attitude towards the situation. 'What if something happens to you? I can't-' you started but your throat closed up, your heart dropping at the idea.

'Hey, come here,' Mr. Lee said as he saw the tears well up in your eyes. He opened his arms for you and you quickly crawled into them. 'Nothing will happen to me, you understand? No one can hurt me, except for you. I will always be at your side to protect you, you hear me?' Mr. Lee promised you. You nodded slightly.

A phone rang, and Mr. Lee dug into his pocket.

'Must be the dealer, that's quicker than I expected,' He mumbled as he picked up his phone. 'This is Mr. Lee,' he spoke, stroking your head.

As the person at the other side of the line spoke, you felt him freeze underneath you. His hand stopped mid-stroke, and all his muscles tensed up. You pushed yourself away from him to study his face for a clue. His face was rigid, jaw clenched and eyes filled with fury.

'What do you want,' he spat. His look was absolutely murderous and it reminded you of your first encounter with him.

'Go fuck yourself,' Mr. Lee spat. But then you heard it. The reason why Mr. Lee's mood had changed so suddenly. It was a voice you knew all too well.

You put your hand out in front of him as you could hear your father's voice talking to Mr. Lee through the phone. 

Mr. Lee shook his head at you, not wanting to give you the phone, but you thrust your hand forwards and stared at him with determination. Just as Mr. Lee your mood had changed instantly.

'Fine,' Mr. Lee grumbled as he handed the phone to you reluctantly.

'Y/n?' Your father's voice sounded through the phone.

'Yes,' you answered coolly.

'I heard you are opening an art gallery,' he said airily. You instantly recognized his way of talking. The tone he was using was one he used to use whenever he was about to win an argument with someone.

'Correct,' you said short.

'How quaint. What do you think of meeting up soon, hmm? Spend a little father-daughter time together? He allows you to go out right?' your father said with a condescending undertone.

'I am free to do anything I want,' you said stiffly.

'Great, splendid. Let's meet tomorrow then, at six. I think the Golden Carp would be nice, have some dinner together. Maybe I'll give you some helpful advice on how to run your gallery. Is Mr. Lee okay with you having dinner with me?' your father spoke.

'See you then,' you bit, pulling the phone away from your ear and hanging up quickly.

'Why are you meeting with him? You clearly don't want to,' Mr. Lee said.

'You're mistaken,' you said with gritted teeth, pushing the phone back into his hands. Mr. Lee arched a brow.

'He wants to talk to me. Why? He had no reason. Something is up. I wanna know what.' You explained, jaw clenching in anger.

You were dying to know what you're father thought he got on you. What kind of reason would he have to suddenly reach out to you, as if nothing had happened? Something had to be up. And you were dying to know what.

Hoping you could use it against him.

-------------------------------

WRITERS NOTE

Thank you to all loyal and new readers.
Your votes and comments always make my day.

This story is finally starting to come to an end,
I don't know how many chapters are left, but not many.
I've been thinking a lot on it and reading back a bit and GOD this story needs A LOT of editing.
I look forwards to finishing to story
(don't worry I'll make sure it has a nice ending, I won't rush anything)
and finally, be able to take the time to edit.
My hands are itching with the need to edit  >.< 
but I really want to finish it first for you guys.

I'll do my best and work hard (even though, lately, I have very little time).

Fighting!

Lots of love,

Dolly