40. Swim

In the middle of all the crazy preparations, Mr. Lee and you had finally found some time off which you could spend together. Sadly it wasn't the day off that Mr. Lee had promised you, but only a morning. However, you knew not to complain and be grateful for any time with him you could get. After all, you were extremely busy as well with the opening of  Beon-Yeong, your art gallery.

Mr. Lee had finally started sleeping normally again, and the dark circles under his eyes had disappeared. But not all problems had been solved yet. The threads that had been coming in for Mr. Lee were getting worse and worse and the detail Mr. Lee had put on you was literally following you everywhere. Mr. Lee himself, who used to always go out alone, was now often accompanied by two bodyguards of his own. Even the house security had been updated. Extra cameras had been placed all around the perimeter and there was a security guard on every corner of the estate.

Mr. Lee had promised you it would all be temporary and that he was doing everything he could to catch the people that kept trying to contact him.

To be honest, you weren't that worried. You did dislike the increased security measures but you understood, and it still wasn't as bad as when you lived at your father's house. The bodyguards that followed you around always kept a slight distance from you, giving you enough space to move freely and sometimes even forget they were there.

But now the two of you finally would have a short moment to forget about all that and spend some time with each other, testing out your new pool.

'Oppa, what do you think of my new swimsuit?' you said walking out of the house wearing only the black and gold swimsuit that matched your necklace perfectly.

Mr. Lee looked up. He was sitting on one of the comfortable sun loungers on the new deck, wearing a white bathrobe and enjoying the sun. The corners of his mouth curled and he put of the sunglasses he was wearing.

'Isn't that the one I ordered for you of which you told me you wouldn't wear it because it was too tiny?' he mocked. He got up from the chair and strode towards you.

'Maybe,' you said taunting him. Mr. Lee licked his lips, stopping in front of you. 'So what do you think?' you repeated, secretly knowing exactly what he was thinking as his dark eyes scanned every inch of your body.

'I think it's indeed very tiny,' Mr. Lee growled satisfied. You grinned, feeling your cheeks pinken slightly as you felt butterflies fluttering around your stomach.

'Why don't we see how it looks in the water?' Mr. Lee grinned, taking off his bathrobe and tossing it onto the nearest sun lounger. He looked breathtaking and you suddenly realized you had never before seen so much of his body exposed. You took in every inch of his muscular physique. His skin was so perfect and smooth and it seemed to shine with a velvety glow in the sun. The swimming shorts he was wearing weren't too tight but just enough to see a slight outline of what he was hiding beneath them. You felt your core pulse.

Mr. Lee winked at you when he saw you staring at his body before he did a run-up and jumped into the pool with a big splash. You squealed as the lukewarm water splattered all over you. Mr. Lee came up from the water, his hair soaked and he shook it wildly out of his eyes like a wet dog, splattering you even more. He could easily stand in the pool, his shoulders sticking out of the water, glistening with drops that reflected the bright sun.

'You coming?' Mr. Lee beckoned you with a naughty grin on his face. Suddenly you felt slightly queezy.

'Erm, I think I'll just sit here at the sideline, just my feet in the water, for now, is fine,' you excused yourself. Mr. Lee looked at you with a quizzing frown on his face as you walked slowly up to the edge and stared down at the water.

It seemed so deep from this angle...

You gulped, not noticing a worried Mr. Lee walking closer to you through the water.

'Y/n,' his soft and calm voice drew your attention as he spoke your name, always so tenderly, 'what's wrong dear?' he asked you calmly, reading your expression right.

You swallowed and took a deep breath. You weren't sure why you were embarrassed, after all this was Mr. Lee, the man who had stolen you and then your heart.

'I-I can't swim,' you admitted, staring back at the water again.

'You-what?' Mr. Lee sputtered. 'You can't swim?' Suddenly he burst out laughing. His eyes closed as the sound of his cheerful laughter echoed over the estate.

'Are-are you laughing at me?' you pouted angrily at him, folding your arms protectively and instinctively over your chest.

'Oh, I'm sorry dear-so sorry,' Mr. Lee chuckled, trying to calm himself down and straightening his face. 'But you gotta see the irony in this too,' he said raising his arms with his palms up.

You frowned at him.

'I mean,' Mr. Lee went on to explain as you did not seem to understand what he was getting at, 'who thinks, no suggests building a pool in the garden when they can't even swim?' Mr. Lee started laughing again.

You shrugged still pouting, not wanting to admit that it indeed was a little odd to do so.