8. Note

'Are you alright?' Mr. Lee asked when you were finally at his house again.

Somehow his question was what broke you.

The tears came out of nowhere and started flowing down your face. You quickly tried to hide it by covering your face with your hand.

'Oh,' Mr. Lee breathed.

The emotions flooded you now that your anger had subsided. Your heart felt like it had broken, shattered into a million pieces. Even your knees were having a hard time holding you up. You swayed and Mr. Lee quickly grabbed you by your waist.

His smell penetrated your nostrils and once again you found that familiarity and soothing feeling that crept up on you. You didn't care anymore. Tired and sad, you leaned into him, your hands grabbing the front of his shirt as you sobbed into the front of his shirt. For a second Mr. Lee froze. Then slowly, he put his arms around you in a warm embrace, one of his hands rubbing your back slowly as the other lay on your head, thumb caressing your hair.

For the first time in more than a week, you felt safe. Truly safe.

He had been right.

He was home.

Mr. Lee held you for what seemed hours until your sobs had subsided and you were simply breathing in slowly and deeply with some hitches now and then.

Your eyes were closed as you leaned against him, his head on top of yours. You never wanted to leave that spot. You wanted to universe to disappear and just stay like that for eternity.

'Do you want to go to bed?' Mr. Lee asked, breaking the spell and making you realize who was attached to the body you were holding onto so tightly.

You nodded, too tired to answer him with words.

'Can you stand?' Mr. Lee asked, his hand shifting back to your waist again to hold you.

You nodded again but as soon as he took a step back you swayed again.

'Apparently not,' Mr. Lee chuckled. 'Shall I carry you?' he asked you.

You looked up at him with big eyes, surprised. His eyebrows were slightly raised but his lips were turned upwards.

His was so handsome...

'Okay?' you breathed completely taken aback by his suggestion.

Mr. Lee instantly swooped one arm underneath your back and one under your knees, picking you up princess style. The movement seemed to cost him no effort whatsoever.

Unsure what to do you wrapped your hands around his neck for support. You could see the corner of his mouth curl at your action.

Carefully he carried you up to your room, putting you on the bed with delicacy en ease.

'Will you be alright?' Mr. Lee asked as you crawled under the soft white blankets.

You nodded, at him, unable to leave his face with your gaze.

'Do you want me to stay with you?' Mr. Lee asked, his voice so soft that it almost sounded hoarse.

Your heart instantly started beating faster but your rationality had already answered his question by shaking your head.

'Hmm. I'll leave you then. Good night,' he said as he got up and turned around to walk away.

You uttered a hoarse 'Thank you,' but you weren't sure whether he had heard it or not.