5. Home

You had no idea how to answer his question.

What could he do for you?

Let you go?

Get one of his drivers to bring you home?

Kiss you?

'Can I go home?' you asked feeling nervous. You could see the corners of his mouth drop slightly.

Was he... disappointed?

It took him a second before he answered.

'Of course. I will take you myself,' he checked his watch. 'Do you mind waiting an hour? I have some urgent business to attend to first. I will make sure I'll get you back right after I'm done,' he promised.

'You don't have to bring me. You can just get a driver to do it,' you suggested.

'I'd rather take you myself,' he insisted.

You didn't dare oppose him so you simply nodded.

'Good. I'll be back with you in an hour,' he said smiling friendly at you before getting up and leaving the room.

You sighed deeply.

This was one of the strangest situations you had ever encountered.

And you had been through some shit.

You had often enough listened at the door when your father was doing business. You had heard how he threatened someone's life. How they put out a kill order. How they had argued over tons of forbidden substances and wares.

You had seen your father with whores. You had watched as he had put guns to people's heads, though never pulling the trigger. You had seen employees going into his office, leaving it with fewer fingers or torn clothes with blood seeping through.

You had even learned how to take out bullets and stitch up wounds when the Buja clan members came back half alive from fights they didn't want to tell you about.

But none of those things had unsettled you as much as this situation.

You decided to make the best of your last hour here by roaming through the house. Every now and then you looked up, searching for surveillance cameras, but not finding a single one.

Did he really have no surveillance in his house? Your house was riddled with cameras, both visible and invisible.

Besides the usual ones placed on the ceilings in corridors, there were hidden ones in paintings,p plants, art pieces, and even stuffed animals. No bathroom or bedroom was safe.

You weren't sure how much time had passed before you got bored with your search for hidden cameras and you decided to go back to your room.

Finding it in one go you let yourself fall on the bed, staring at the ceiling, the soft sheets hugging your figure.

You closed your eyes again as you inhaled your new favorite scent when you suddenly realized something.

Last night, when you had fallen asleep on your bed, you had been lying on top of the sheets. However, when you woke up this morning, you had been under them.

Had Mr. Lee entered your room at night?

To check on you?

Or for something more... indecent?

Your mouth felt dry and your heart started thumping loud again.

What the fuck was wrong with you?