21. Ex

Mr. Lee's suit came as a surprise to you. At Mrs. Jaedansa's store, he had asked for one matching your dress but he hadn't shown it to you when he had bought it. It was a very unusual suit with a long coat that was mostly black. The top half however was made of gold fabric, the same color, and fabric that your dress had been made out of.

He looked extremely handsome in it and you couldn't help yourself glancing over at him now and then.

The Hoeui Conference center was much grander than you had expected. You had thought it to be a boring minimalistic grey kind of room. Instead, it looked more like the interior of a Victorian castle.

Everything was made out of white stone and there were many decorate touches like adorned pillars and chandeliers.

The hall had already filled up quite a bit when you arrived. You recognized quite a few people, some old business partners of your father's, others just famous idols.

But this was not the time to admire actors or make small talk with models. You had come here on a mission.

Mr. Lee guided you through the crowd, with his hand on the small of your back. You could see him eyeing anyone who dared to come too close to you. You couldn't help but blush slightly at his behavior.

Finally, you found your target in the back of the room.

As Mr. Lee had predicted, assemblyman Nam had arrived early. He was standing talking to another middle-aged man. Next to him stood a very pretty woman. 

'Fuck,' Mr. Lee swore under his breath as he suddenly stopped.

'What?' You whispered to him, curious about his behavior.

Mr. Lee gritted his teeth and pulled an unpleasant face.

'I didn't count on this,' he muttered more to himself as to you.

'What?' you repeated.

He looked at you worriedly, hesitating for a second.

'That woman next to Mr. Nam,' Mr. Lee pointed out discretely. He was clearly indicating the pretty woman next to the man that you had spotted earlier.

You raised your eyebrows at him.

'Her name is Kim Areum,' he whispered back, still with that unsettled look upon his face.

'So?' you said, still not getting the problem.

'She's a real golddigger. Horrible person. Tries to control every man she can get her hands on,' Mr. Lee explained quickly.

You raised your eyebrows.

'If she's dating, assemblyman Nam, she'll be pulling the strings, not him,' he whispered.

Now you got the problem.

Although you had rehearsed a general sales talk you had mostly rehearsed specific pitches for specific people. Since Mr. Lee had extensive knowledge of their likes, dislikes, weaknesses, and strengths the both of you had perfected it to fit all the important people you needed to invest into your art gallery. Mr. Nam was the most important one since he had the most money and influence.

Mr. Lee had told you before that Mr. Nam had a great weakness for women, especially dominant ones. Even though he was a powerful man, a strong character woman, could easily overrule him.

This had been your play.

But if he was whipped for that woman beside him...

'Now what?' you whispered to him nervously.