19. Dress

'So assemblyman Nam asked whether we were going to be at the Gala too,' Mr. Lee said the next morning as you were driving to Mrs. Jaedansa's shop.

'Ah, right,' you said, feeling slightly awkward and upset that he hadn't said anything about what had happened between the two of you last night. You were sure that if he hadn't gotten that call if he had just for once turned the stupid thing off, you would've gone all the way with him.

But instead, you had to make do with your toy and the image of his boner tenting up his pants that you had spotted.

However, assemblyman Nam was essential to your plan for the art gallery. Not only was he very rich and influential, but he also loved art and never shied away from a good investment. With that, his background wasn't very clean and he owed Mr. Lee some favors.

'He was very happy to hear we would be attending and he was very excited to meet you,' Mr. Lee told you.

'I bet he was,' you scoffed, looking out of the car window slightly annoyed. Assemblyman Nam was also a familiar name in your old home with the Buja clan. He had often made deals with your father. Every time he would come over the house was to be squicky clean and Binna, her mother and you would be asked to leave and go shopping or something stupid.

'We're here,' Mr. Lee spoke as he parked his car, apparently not hearing what you had just said.

'Ah, Mr. Lee and Miss. Han,' so good to see you again,' Mrs. Jaedansa greeted the both of you bowing deeply. The use of your father's surname to talk to you irritated you slightly. Now that you had broken ties with your family, you wanted nothing more to do with them. Carrying his name was just a stupid reminder of him.

'Good morning Mrs. Jaedansa,' Mr. Lee greeted her and the both of you bowed to her.

'Tell me, what is it that I can do for you this time? More suits? I have just received the Prada summer collection,' Mrs. Jaedansa spoke waving her arm at the back of the store.

'Thank you Mrs. Jaedansa, but I'm actually looking for a dress this time,' you said friendly.

'A dress?' the short stout woman asked. Her eyes twinkled happily as she looked from you to Mr. Lee and back again.

'It's for the opening gala of the new Hoeui Conference center,' you explained to her.

'Ah, of course. Right, right, right, right, right!' Mrs. Jaedansa said clapping her hands happily. She always reminded you of an overenthusiastic chipmunk.

'Do you have any preferences regarding color sweetie? Or maybe style? I think you'd look great in something long and fitted, maybe a mermaid dress? Hmm, or maybe something more classical,' Mrs. Jaedansa guided you to the large fitting cabinet in the back of the store as she spoke non-stop, asking you questions which you didn't have even got time to answer.

Mr. Lee followed and sank down on the bench opposite the dressing room, grabbing a magazine and flipping through it calmly as you were pushed into the dressing room by Mrs. Jaedansa who told you to undress.

By the time she came back, you were in your underwear and she handed you three dresses.

You tried them on.

They were all very pretty but something about them... wasn't quite right.

'No luck? Not to worry sweetie, I have tons more,' Mrs. Jaedansa said cheerfully as you handed the dresses back to her.

'Can I, maybe... something in white?' You asked her. You wanted to look pure and glamorous and you remembered seeing a pretty white gown on a model at the red carpet on tv a while back.

'No, sweetie no!' Mrs. Jaedansa said, her face almost shocked. You blinked confused.

'No sweetie, you have to save white for your wedding with Mr. Lee,' she said her brows pulled high as if it was a very obvious thing to say and you had been stupid to ask.

'I-I'm not... We aren't...' you stammered flustered.

Mrs. Jaedansa chuckled smugly.

'You try telling him that sweetie,' she said winking at you before walking away with the dresses.

You looked at yourself in the mirror.

This was it.

This was definitely the dress.

It looked like it was made of liquid gold. It was sleeveless with a boat neckline and the fitting seemed like it was made for your body. The skirt reached the ground and the split in the front gave you the space you needed to walk in it.

Unable to stop grinning you stepped out of the cabin.

'What do you think?' you asked Mr. Lee feeling your cheeks flush.

Mr. Lee looked up from his magazine and immediately put it down and got up from his seat.

He smirked proudly at me.

'I think you look stunning my dear,' he said walking over to you as his eyes admired every inch of you.

You couldn't help but giggle as he took your hand and held it above your head so you could twirl.

He caught you in his arms and greeted you with a shining smile.

'Simply stunning,' he breathed before bending towards you and leaving a kiss upon your mouth.

You felt your ears redden as he pulled back and Mrs. Jaedansa walked into the room. Mr. Lee didn't let go of you as he turned to speak to her.

'You've once again outdone yourself,' Mr. Lee said to her.

'Oh, stop it you, it's nothing. It's just a Versace from the holiday collection I had lying around,' she said shrugging, but her eyes twinkled smugly.

'Do you by chance have a suit that goes with it?' Mr. Lee asked her.

Mrs. Jaedansa clacked her tongue and put her finger in the air.

'You know what, actually I think I do,' she said snapping her fingers and instantly turning around to walk back to the storage again.

Mr. Lee looked at you again and hugged you close.

'I want everyone to know you're my girl,' he whispered.

—————
WRITERS NOTE
I know, I know, last few chapters weren't that eventful. But I promise, things will soon start heating up. Real soon...

Also I made a drawing of the dress Y/n is wearing. Now I'm not a fashion designer or anything and I'm also mot great at drawing but I just wanted to make sketch of it real quick just to give you an idea.

I'm sorry it's on a (literally) white and skinny model but it's the first thing I could find on the internet as a template to draw on

I'm sorry it's on a (literally) white and skinny model but it's the first thing I could find on the internet as a template to draw on. I'm pretty sure this dress will look great on basically any skin colour and any body type.

You are beautiful just the way you are and I'm sure Mr. Lee would love you for you AND your beautiful body.

Please be kind to yourself ♥️

-