Prologue I

POV FIRST PERSON 03/16/2029

It is a sunny day at sea, the USS Enterprise CVN-80 is on its first day of navigation practice, currently I am the commander of the USS Enterprise, this is because I was the last commander of the USS Enterprise CVN-65.

Me: Come to think of it my entire military life I've been on the USS Enterprise.

I lost my father when I was 5 years old, at that time my father was the commander of the USS Yorktown and died in Midway and in 1960 I enrolled in the United States Navy Air Force and was lucky enough to pilot the F-4 Phantom, the F-14 and the famous F-18 and also from being in the USS Enterprise CVN-65 as a squadron commander, in the end due to health problems my superiors transferred me as a flight officer in the Enterprise and finally in the 2002 I was appointed commander of the USS Enterprise, that day I was very happy and excited until in 2013, the USS Enterprise was decommissioned.

Me: (Sigh) How I wish to go back in time.

Unfortunately for me I am already very old, I am 86 years old, I miss the sensation of G forces, the sensation of death when being pursued by the enemy. If those feelings of survival and the adrenaline rushing through your blood, I missed those feelings.

To counteract that depressed feeling I tried playing several video games that my younger sister recommended, but it is not the same thing, the feeling of danger is not very realistic and the performance of the weapons is not the same (Because they are nerfed).

??: Admiral?

In that the voice of a woman returns me to reality, when I see the woman I see that she is the vice commander of this ship, the name of this woman is Anne Link.

Me: Oh yeah, what's up?

Anne: Admiral, the ship is about to reach the practice area.

Me: I understand, are there any unwanted observers near the place?

Anne: According to our escorts they have reported that there is no one, (sarcastic tone) Excluding the ghosts.

Me: Hahahaha, that was very funny, Officer Link, once my mother told me: Son, you must not be afraid of ghosts, you must be afraid of those who live.

Anne: Are you implying that you don't believe in us?

Me: It is not that, the meaning is that you should not fear something that is already dead.

Anne: (Understanding) Oh, so that's what you mean. By the way, why do you want to fly one of our planes?

Me: I am not going to pilot, I am only going to be a co-pilot, I have heard that catapults are powered by magnetism and I would like to test first hand about the feeling of these new catapults. In the past the catapults of the USS Enterprise CVN-65 were steam powered and tended to be very jerky when propelling a fighter jet.

Anne: I see.

TIME SKIP

It's time for the flight tests, I got ready and put on the pilot's suit so that my body can tolerate the G forces, after getting ready I left the changing rooms for the pilots, when I left I saw a woman in a suit of pilot, she's ready, this 30-year-old woman is my disciple Irina McPherson.

Irina: I think this suit fits you much better than the admiral's uniform.

Me: Hehehe, I think the same.

We went to the flight deck of the USS Enterprise CVN-80, on the runway all the planes are ready to take off and then they began to take off one by one, I could see F-18 and F-35C taking off in a very smooth way.