Shin Tsukiya

Fandom:
My Hero Academia

Basics

Name:
Shin Tsukiya

Hero/villain name:
Birdy

Age:
17

Birthdate:
12/11

Gender:
Female

Pronounce:
She/Her

Sexuality:
Bi

Crush:
Mirio Togata

Appearance

Looks:

Uniform:

Uniform:

Costume:

Costume:

Bird form:

Bird form:

Power

Quirk typ:
Transformation

Quirk:
Pheonix form

Quirk explain:
The user is able to transform into a large bird with fire abilities powered by different emotions depending on how light or dark it is. The fire abilities is only close range, which means the user while in the bird form is only able to light up their body, however depending on emotion and light they can increase the fire on their body, make it hotter and even make it brighter. The lighter the enviorment is makes happiness power their quirk, while when it's darker sadness and anger powers the quirk.

Quirk drawback:
• While the bird form doesn't really feel the warmth of it's fire, the user's normal body can suffer from serious burns if the fire gets too hot or is too consuming in the bird form.
• If the fire gets too bright it can cause the user damage to their eyes.
• The user isn't able to speak with words when they're in their bird form and is only able to chirp. However they are able to understand others.

Special move(s):
Eagle drop - The user grabs onto the enemy in their bird form and brings them up towards the sky

Specifiks

Workstudy:
Hawks' Agency

Weaknesses:
• Having problems with trusting new people.
• Allergy to mushrooms - Will get her sick but isn't fatal.
• Allergy to squid - Will make her really sick, can be fatal if she has consumed too much and doesn't go to the hospital for help.
• Some issues with holding back her heat in her bird form when she's happy and/or excited.
• Small limp in her left leg after the practical final exams in her second year got a bit out of hand.

Backstory:
Shin was born into a family with 5 siblings, an older brother, an older sister, and younger triplets that consisted of two identical younger sisters and a younger brother. She was a middle child, and never got too much attention growing up. Except for when she got her quirk. Shin had never been more excited than when she showed her parents that she could turn into a burning bird, but was only told off that she wasn't allowed to use that quirk at home since she could break things or set them on fire. They told the four year old that her mom, who was pregnant at the time with the triplets, didn't need the extra stress of having to deal with her quirk before going back to helping her older sister with some homework.
Her oldest brother, Haruto, who's quirk was that he could grow wings of fire, was the one always there for her. He was 7 years older and always made sure to help her with homework, comfort her and support her. In her eyes, he was a hero, and she wanted to become one too so that she could give comfort to those around her as well and make them feel safe.
When Shin started school, she had been excited. She was almost bouncing on the walls, but it ended up with her accidently activating her quirk and putting a girl's hair on fire as well as her own desk. After that incident, no one really talked to her and she started to grow a shell.
A few years after, people began to only talk to her to make fun of her. Talking to the lonely girl that knew that they weren't interested. Shin still wanted to be a hero, but she was starting to doubt that she would be able to since she knew people didn't like her. Then Mirio, a boy from the other class, tried to talk to her during a recess. She thought it was just another attempt to make fun of her so she simply walked away, and it happened several times after that as well until he gave up for a little while. Soon enough, he was dragging another boy, Tamaki, with him to try and talk to her again. Having had enough, Shin activated her quirk to try and scare them away, even if she couldn't emitt any fire because it was light and she was far from happy, but to her surprise Tamaki slowly grew some wings of his own from having eaten chicken for lunch. Only after that was when she began to open up to the two, becoming friends, and then them all getting accepted to the UA's hero course where they met Hado Nejire.

Extra

Other:
• The reason behind her costume being a bodysuit without shoes is because fabric from sleeves or legs can get caught up when she transforms as well with shoes, plus it's easier to fly when it weights lighter.
• She's incredibly fast in her bird form.
• When first meeting her, she can be seen as judgy and cold, but once she deems you trustworthy she is much more warm (no pun intended), open and inviting.