Niko Shizone

Fandom:
My Hero Academia

Trigger warning for eating disorders

Basics

Name:
Niko Shizone

Hero/Villain name:
Water hero: Aqua

Age:
16

Gender:
Female

Sexuality:
Hetero

Crush:
Denki Kaminari
Appearance

Looks:

Uniform:

Uniform:

Costume:

Costume:

Power

Quirk:
Water work

Quirk explain:
The user is able to manipulate water. They can shape it, shoot it etc, however they can't create it themselvs. They need the water to be existing already. They can't control ice or steam, it needs to be in liquid form.

Quirk downside:
- Using the quirk is equivelent to a whole body work out, which can leave the user sore after using it.
- Overusing the quirk is the same thing as working out too much, and can cause symptons such as insomnia, decreased performance and altered apetite during longterm, while short term may cause the same symptons as well as increased risk for infections and nausea.

Special move(s):
- Aqua arms - She summons water around her arms like tentacles, extending them depending on the amount of water
- Surfer - Uses water to create a wave for herself for increased speed and easier to get past obstacles

Specifiks

Weaknesses:
- Anorexia - Whenever she is able to she dodges food. Usually she comes up with a believable excuse to not eat, either that's she has eaten earlier, stomach wasn'r agreeing with her or that she wasn't hungry so she'd eat later.
- Bulimia - When she had needed to eat in situations where she wasn't able to hide it, she'd make herself throw up in order get rid of it.
- Prone to overworking - As her quirk gives the sensation and result as a full body workout, she often overworks herself by working out later as well. She often tests her limits, and has more than once left the gym feeling light headed or sick.
- Can't throw up on her own - Due to her bulimia, she has gotten to the point where she isn't able to throw up anymore without making herself, not even when she's sick.
- Anxiety about food - She often gets nervous about talking about food, even more so when it comes to eating, especially with others.
- Allergy to Octopus - She can get a rash from just touching an octopus, and eating one can be fatal if not treated as soon as possible.

Backstory:
Niko's father was a photografer. Niko's mother was a model. It was only natural that the young daughter the two had would grow up in that industry as well. When she was little, she was used to make ads for baby products, as a toddler it was the same but with toys and things for toddlers. She was well-known from a young age, and quickly learned how to be perfect for the camera as well as how to behave around people. However, the girl loved watching TV and seeing heroes, and dreamt about being the same. Her parents strongly encouraged her in this idea as she'd be able to get a lot more publicity this way. When she get her quirk, being a hero wasn't completely out of the question, so she trained with it in order to become the best. However, not too long after she had gotten her quirk, other photografers and designers complained that the clothes they wanted her to wear for photo shoots and ads didn't fit, so her parents were quick to tell her this and cut down on her meals. She got to eat two meals a day that was barely more than a salad with very few pieces of chicken, but it worked. She lost weight. She was only 5 years old when that started.
When she was 10, she was studying hard as well as trying to balance out training and shoots. She was fairley well-known, and it was important that she kept a good image. That's what she told herself the first time she made herself throw up after reading a few blogs on how to slim down.
When it was time to apply for high school, she got to do a recommendation test as she was well-known, had good grades and her teachers were impressed with her quirk-use. Since it was water underneath the obstacle course it was easy to use it to her advantage to get to the other side, earning her a third place. She ended up making it into the academy, now with more pressure on her than ever.

Extra

Other:
- Her costume is designed to absorb her sweat and store it into her belt, hence why it's so big and thick. That way, if there's no water nearby, she has some backup.
- She has regular dentist appointments to take care of her teeth.
- Even when they moved into the dorms, she still had to do a lot of photo shoots, even if they were much less compared to living at home.
- She really likes Kaminari for how relaxed he makes her feel, how he makes her smile and how he doesn't notice anything about her weight.
- She prefers to not hang out with too many people in her class as they're very observant. While she does hang out with the Bakusquad at times, she's trying her best to avoid Kirishima and Bakugo as they are the most observant of them.

Dorm: