one

Rory's POV

I will admit, I'm not the most popular. Especially since my only friends are Eli Moskowitz and Demetri. We get picked on... every day. I wouldn't say I get picked on worse though.

They pick on Eli for his lip. Something he can't control, so I don't understand why they pick on him about it. It doesn't even look that bad. Eli is more attractive than half of the guys in our school.

Now, Demetri gets picked on for being a nerd. He isn't one of those basic nerds that are in like movies and stuff, he's a full-on nerd. I don't understand half of the stuff he talks about, but he's happy when he talks about those things, and that's all that matters.

Finally, me. I'm not trying to sound cocky or anything, but I'm really pretty. So pretty, that I get judged and picked on for hanging with Eli and Demetri. I know, that's a stupid reason. Kyler and his group of idiots love to call me 'California' because I'm a "pretty girl". It didn't annoy me at first, but the more they said it the more it spread until everyone called me it.

It's pretty stupid of him actually because I'm not even from California. I'm from New Orleans.

I would call myself the 'big sister' of the group. Meaning, I'm the only one with the balls to stick up for us. But sometimes, I choke and don't know what to say.

Anyways, we've all been friends since third grade. Demetri and Eli have been friends longer, but third grade is when we became a trio.

Now, we know what they say about trios. They never last. But I don't see that happening. We've stuck with each other through thick and thin. Once we've cried over Harry Potter together, there was no leaving the friendship.

|

THIRD PERSON

"Rory! You're going to be late!" the brunette's father called from downstairs.

Rory had just finished brushing her teeth. She quickly ran to her room, grabbing her phone and bookbag, then running downstairs.

"I'm gonna walk. See you later." Rory said, running out the door already.

She hated riding to school with her father because it was nothing but negative comments. Stuff like, "Why'd you do your hair like that?", "You look like shit.", "I wish I could've left with your mother. She's lucky she doesn't have to raise a daughter like you.", "You look fat in that." etc..

Rory got a job just so she could stay away from him. Her father was an alcoholic, which was terrible for her. When he drank he would go on to say how Rory looked like her mother and then hit her for looking like the woman who left him with all of this responsibility.

Rory was grateful that he was rarely home at night because that's when she usually got home from work.

The young teen was walking to school when a jeep stopped in front of her.

"Want a ride to school, California?" Kyler asked, winking at her.

"I'd rather you run me over." she rolled her eyes before going around the jeep and walking up to her high school.

She walked inside, sighing from exhaustion already. She hated school, yes. But she hated the first day even more. Especially when her only friends were nowhere to be found.

Rory began walking around the school in an attempt to find her friends, but no luck. She started back towards the front, thinking they haven't come yet.

As she was walking back, her body collided with another, sending her to the ground.

"What the hell?" she groaned as she looked up to see who she hit, or who hit her.