sixteen

Rory smiled as she walked over to Hawk. Her eyes landing on his mohawk, then his tattoo.

"Did you get that for me?" she asks, referring to the hawk with it's wings "protecting" the "R".

"Maybe." he smiled before kissing the girl. He put his arm around her before walking out. "Hey, asshole twins. Grab my bag. We're out."

"I like the red, by the way." she smiles.

Hawk let his hand slide down, resting on her ass. "It's your favorite color."

|

The class watches as Johnny and Kreese fight each other. "You're a little rusty, Sensei." Johnny tells him.

They continued to fight and Kreese wraps his arm around Johnny's neck. "Ok, pay attention. He's got my neck, I've got his elbow. If I try to break out."

"I dig in and I put him to sleep." Kreese says.

"If I go for his ribs." Johnny demonstrates.

"He completely exposes his chest." Kreese explains.

"Two difficult choices. What do you do?" Johnny says.

"Knock yourselves both down and hope you get up before your enemy." Rory says out of nowhere, causing all eyes to fall on her.

Johnny does what she says. "Yes, Sommers!"

"You may get hurt, but nobody wins by doing nothing." Kreese tells the class.

"You make a choice." Johnny states. "You make a move. You go... all in."

|

"You ready?" Miguel asks the girl.

"Where are you going?" Hawk asks.

"Oh, uh, Miguel's mom wants me to eat lunch with them. We can meet up later though." Rory says.

Hawk looks at the boy warily before shifting his eyes to Rory. "Yeah, ok." he kisses her before walking over to his car.

Rory drew her eyebrows together as she walked over to her car with Miguel. "That was... weird."

"Very." Miguel laughed.

|

"Please give me the recipe to this." Rory groans as she stuffs a empanada into her mouth.

Miguel's Yaya smiles at her before speaking and Rory looks at him. "She says thanks, but it's a family secret recipe."

Rory gasped in offense. "Are you saying I'm not family?" she joked.

"She says you're getting there." Miguel laughs.

"What an honor." Rory smiles before winking at Miguel.

"So, how are you, Rory?" Carmen asks.

"Uh, fine?" she questions.

"Well, with your dad and everything..." Carmen trails off.

"Mom." Miguel scolds her.

"It's fine." Rory laughs. "He got one phone call, didn't think to call me. I've thought about visiting him, but I get too scared and I don't want to go alone."

"I could go with you." Miguel offers.

"Miggy, no." Carmen says immediately.

"Mom. It's not that big of a deal." he says.

"Im probably not going to go, so don't worry." Rory gives the woman a reassuring smile.

"It's probably for the best." Carmen rests her hand on top of Rory's.