forty-four

"What the hell is she doing here?" Demetri comments, making Eli look up.

"Hey, Rory." He half smiled.

"Wha— "Hey, Rory"? Do you not remember what she did to you?" Demetri asks.

"What I did to him? He literally broke your arm and you guys are friends again. Why can't we be friends again?" She asks, but he only stays quiet. "Look, I came to apologize. I'm sorry for all the shit I did to you Demetri, and I'm sorry for... how I broke up with you, Eli, and for lying to you. I'm not in Cobra Kai anymore, and I really miss my friends. I could... honestly use your guys' love and support right now."

"What's wrong?" Eli asked before Demetri could say anything.

Rory looked up at Miguel who gave her a reassuring nod before turning back to her old best friends. "Um... my dad is back. And so is my mom." She admits. "And I had a miscarriage."

"A miscarriage!?" Demetri shouted, but Rory was more focused on Eli's reaction.

"You were pregnant?" He asks.

"Maybe we should... we'll be outside." Miguel pulled Demetri out of the room with him.

"I—" Rory sat down beside the confused boy. "I was. That's why I was in so much pain and kept leaving to the locker room at the All Valley."

"Was it..."

"Yours?" Rory asks and he nods. "I don't know. It died before I could ask anything about it."

Rory thought it was best to leave out that she was gonna get an abortion without even figuring out if it was his or Robby's. Decided to spare him any pain.

"Well... how are you?" Eli questions. "I've heard that some people get really depressed when they have a miscarriage."

Rory looked at him in shock. He was acting way different than Robby. "I— uh... I don't really know how I feel. I don't think I feel much of anything anymore."

Eli's heart broke as she continued to explain how she felt, or how much she didn't feel anything. The Rory he knew was... dead. Her father, Cobra Kai, him... everyone and everything had sucked the life out of her. He missed his best friend, and even through Rory wanted rekindle the friendship, she was gone, and she was never coming back.

"—I actually saved my Dad's life today. Which is pretty ironic, seeing how he would never do the same for me." Rory laughed slightly. "But how are you?" She looks up at the boy, but he was zoned out. "Eli?"

"Yeah?" He looks up at her.

"I asked, how are you?" She repeats.

"Oh, I-I'm good." He stutters.

"How do you, um, feel?" Rory asks him.

"Well, this isn't about me." Eli states.

"Yeah, but it kind of is. It could've possibly been your child." She shrugs.

"Oh, right." Eli stares at the ground. "I don't— I don't know."

"Hey," Rory placed her hand on his arm, causing him to look up at her. "That's okay."

Eli smiled at her, electricity flowing just by her touch. He looked down at her hand, then looked up at her— well, her lips— but it was ruined by a phone call.

"Hey, sorry. I gotta take this." She quickly rushes out of the room, not letting him reply. "You cooled down?"

"Can we meet up?" Robby asks.

"Yeah, sure." She says.

|

The couple sat quietly in Rory's car, waiting for someone to speak. The brunette sighed, looking over at his girlfriend. "You know... I would never hurt you, right?" He asks.