thirty-six

"They know you, Tory, and I are the biggest threat." Robby speaks up. "They also know Tory and I can't risk violating probation."

"Well, I'm not probation, so I could—"

"No." Robby cuts her off. "Not alone."

"We need to get them somewhere no one is around." Tory says.

"Well, I have a plan." Rory speaks up, but before she could say it, Silver walked in.

"Listen up. Gather round." everyone takes their spot on the mat. "We just had a little powwow with the senseis at Miyagi-Do. From here on out, there'll be no more fighting until the tournament."

"I'm sorry, what?" Rory questions.

"So our enemies get to humiliate us, and we have to back down and take it?" Tory asks.

"Of course not." Kreese tells the girl. "We should always show our enemies no mercy."

"But there's a time to fight—"

"And that time is now!" Rory cuts him off. "We got soaked last night because they were too much of a pussy to show up. This is the time to strike first, strike hard, and show no mercy!"

"I understand your anger, Rory, but there's no need to waste a punch if it's not gonna score a point. So if your enemies do something to mess with you or laugh in your face, good!" Silver says. "Take all that anger and store it. Because you're gonna need it when the time comes. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Sensei!" the class answers except Rory.

Silver steps closer to her. "Is that understood, Sommers?"

She takes a deep breath before speaking. "Yes... Sensei."

He nods before looking over at Kreese and walking off.

|

"There are three things that make a champion." Silver says. "The three D's. Desire. Devotion. And discipline. First two, I can't give you. The last one, I can, but you have to be willing to receive it. Are you?"

"Yes, Sensei!" the class answers.

"Alright. Junbi stance." the students take their stance. "Now, I understand you wanna defeat your enemies. And you will... when it matters. Until then, just stay focused on your training. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Sensei." they answer again quietly.

"With conviction." Silver says.

"Yes, Sensei!" they say louder.

"Good." he looks over the class. "Arms out. Attention. Chae-ryut. Kyun-Nae. Dismissed."

"Second sensei's working is hard today." Kyler says as he walks over to his bag. "Guy's going beast mode! It sucks we can't give a beat down before the tournament. Hope your plan wasn't riding on it, Ror."

"It was." she sighs.

"Just because we can't fight doesn't mean we can't get a little payback." Robby speaks up.

"New plan, huh?" Rory smirks.

"So what do you have in mind?" Tory asks.

|

"Nice mohawk. Like the purple." Rory walked into the back of the tattoo building.

"Rory. What are you doing here?" Hawk asks.

"Just wanted to talk." she answers.

"Yeah? About what?" he questions, sitting up.

"Did I say talk? I meant payback." she smiles at him, the rest of the Cobra Kai's coming in.