twenty-six

Rory and Hawk rush over to Miguel as he walks in. "El Serpiente!" Hawk greets him.

"What's up?" Miguel smiles.

"Welcome back, man." they do their bro hug.

"Feels good to be back." Miguel says.

Rory smiles at him, not saying anything. Miguel gives her a confused look, due to her silence.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"What?" she looks up at him. "Oh, I'm fine. Just thinking about stuff."

Thinking about Robby and how she suddenly feels guilty.

"Did they give you bionic legs or some shit?" Hawk asks.

"No, same old boring human legs." Miguel tells him.

"Oh, yeah? Can you throw down? Gotta defend that title." Hawk playfully hits him.

Rory groans as Hawk pulls her with him and pulls his arm off of her shoulders. "I'm gonna go to class."

The boys look at each other confused as they watch her walk away. Rory looks down as she walks through the halls. This was her third day getting back and everyone was either giving her a dirty look, or just looking at her scars.

The girl walked into her class and froze at the empty chair beside where she usually sits. All she could think about was Robby in this moment.

She quickly got on the computer and emailed him.

Rory: Guess what class I'm in.

She waited a couple minutes, but surprisingly got an email back.

Robby: Hm... math?

Rory: Ha-ha. Very funny... I keep looking over at your chair. Kind of wish you were here.

Robby: Kind of?

Rory: Forget it. I don't wish you were here at all.

Robby: Oh, really? Is that why you're emailing me right now?

Rory: Actually, I was wondering what it's going to be like when you get out of Juvie. With Hawk, Sam, you, and me.

Robby: We'll worry about that when we get there. I'm enjoying this time just me and you. Let's not ruin it with talking about future events.

Rory: Alright, Keene. Talk to you after school <3.

Robby: Was that a heart?

Rory: Gotta go!

|

"Sorry. Party's full." Hawk says as Assface tries to sit down at the table.

"Where am I supposed to sit?" he asks.

"The rejects' table. Over there." Hawk points.

"Bye, Mitchell." Rory waves.

"Oh, hey man." Hawk greets Miguel.

"I heard about what happened with Demetri. How could you do that?" Miguel asks.

"You should be thanking me for getting revenge on Miyagi-Do." Hawk tells him. "Besides, they're the ones who started the fight. We're the ones who finished it."

"That's not what our sensei taught us." Miguel says.

"Our sensei?" Rory questions as she stands up. "You mean that old man who made you go soft?"