ten

Rory sat in her room, just staring at the wall. She physically couldn't breathe. No matter how hard she tried.

The guy she's had a crush on for the past 6 years cheated on her. She thought he felt strongly about her too all these years, but that was a lie.

A knock on Rory's window snapped her out of her daze. She got up and walked over to the window to see Miguel standing there.

She quickly unlocked the window and opened to let him in. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check on you. How are you?" he says.

"Well, I got cheated on, so..." she shrugs. "How are you? I heard you and Sam got into it after I left."

"Yeah. Me and her are pretty much done." Miguel sighs as he sits on the girl's bed.

"I'm sorry." Rory joins him. "Did you— Do you want something to drink or eat?"

"No. No." Miguel shakes his head. "I should probably go. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"I am." Rory nods as her eyes grow heavy.

Miguel examined the girl's face and noticed her red nose and puffy eyes. She looked like she was on the verge of crying again. He didn't hesitate to pull the girl in a hug.

"I'm sorry he hurt you." Miguel whispers. "You didn't deserve that. I'm sure he's beating himself up about it."

"I hope he's beating himself up hard." Rory admits as they continue to hug.

"If he doesn't, then I will." he tells her, causing her to laugh. "Wha— I will."

"Ok." she sighs.

|

"Yo, Miguel, calm down, man. Save some for the tournament." Hawk tells the boy as he continues to practice punching.

Miguel only glares at him before going back to punching. "Hey," Aisha taps him. "Don't even bother. He's been super aggro ever since the breakup."

All of the sudden, Rory runs to the group in a mess, and Aisha rushes to her side. "Where have you been?"

"Sorry. I, um— Just forget it." Rory drops her bag as she throws her up into a bun.

"Are you okay?" the girl asks.

"I'm fine. Please, leave me alone." Rory avoids looking over at Hawk.

"Did I miss something?" Aisha asks.

"Hawk cheated on her at the party with Moon." Bert says.

"Shut up." both Hawk and Rory tell him.

The two then make eye contact before Rory walks over to Miguel.

Hawk looks at her for a bit before turning to Aisha. "Where's Sensei? The tournament's gonna start soon."

"He'll be here." Aisha tells him.

"I don't know about that." the small blonde says.

"What are you talking about?" Aisha questions.

"I saw him last night at the mini-mall. I was buying— a carton of milk... when I heard him in the parking lot, yelling." he continues to explain the events.

"Well, why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Aisha questions.

"I don't know." he shrugs. "I guess I'm used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like a big deal."

"Well, we're here, and he's not. So it's officially a big deal. What if something happened to him?" Hawk yells.

"Like what?" Bert asks.