twenty-one

Rory looked up from her computer when she saw Robby walk into class. She glanced at the only seat being open by her, a small smile forming on her face.

"You stalking me, Keene?" she asked as he sat down.

He laughed a bit as he watched the girl work on her computer. His eyes glanced over her features. Like her perfect nose, and her pink lips, or her naturally rosy cheeks, and blue eyes.

"Nope. We just happen to have the same class, Sommers." he says.

She smiled as she looked over at him. It was something about him calling her by her last name like she did him.

"Uh, here's this." Robby pulled her coat out of his backpack and handed it to her.

"Thanks." Rory grabbed it before looking up at him. "Why'd you grab my arm yesterday?"

"I didn't want you to get caught by the cops." he answered.

"But my boyfriend was with me." Rory says.

Robby looked away from her when she mentioned Hawk. "Yeah. Whatever."

Rory sighed before turning back to her computer. Their attention went to the sound of the speakers.

"Good morning students and faculty. Welcome to a brand-new year at West Valley high. I hope you all had a wonderful summer and are ready to dive back..."

"Did you have a wonderful summer?" Rory asked the boy next to her.

"As wonderful as it could get. What about you?" he asks.

Before she could answer, a deafening high-pitched noise came from the speakers. "Samantha LaRusso." Tory's voice rang through the speakers, causing Rory to sit up. "You know what you did, and now you're gonna pay for it. I'm coming for you, bitch!"

All of the sudden, the school bell began to ring and kids began to flee the room. Rory thought for a minute, she didn't know what Tory was talking about, but she knew it couldn't be good.

Rory immediately got up and began running, Robby following behind her. They quickly came to a halt when they approached the scene.

"I saw what you did at the party." Tory says. "You kissed Miguel."

Rory's eyes quickly widen and she glances at Robby, betrayal clearly written on his face.

"I... I..." was all Sam could say before Tory quickly threw a punch at her.

"Oh shit." Rory's eyes widened.

The brunette went to go out there and help her friend, but Robby grabbed her. "Get off of me."

"I'm not letting you guys gang up on her." Robby says.

"You don't have much of a choice, Keene." Rory pulled away from him and ran out there.

Rory caught Sam as Tory threw her. She held her in place for Tory to get her, but a hand quickly grabbed her.

"You're really starting to get on my nerves." Rory rolled her eyes.

Robby looked to see Tory repeatedly punching Sam and pulled her off.

"You ok?" Robby asks Sam, but Tory quickly grabbed him. He pushed the girl against the lockers. "Stop!"

"Get off of her!" Rory shouts.

"Hey!" Miguel shouts as he charges at the guy.

Rory charges at Sam, but Robby grabs her leg, tripping her. The brunette groaned as she got back up and started to fight Robby. Miguel helping her as she did.