eighteen

Miguel walked off as Johnny entered the dojo. Rory turns around as she looks around the room.

"Who are you looking for?" Hawk asks her.

"Tory." she answers. "Found her."

Rory ran over to Tory and Aisha, a huge smile on her face. "What are you so happy about?" Tory asks.

"So, we all know my dad went to jail, which means my house is so, so lonely. I was wondering if you guys wanted to come over to spend the night." Rory says.

"Sure." Aisha smiles.

"I can't." Tory tells her.

"What? Why?" Rory asks.

"My mom is sick and I have a younger brother I have to take care of." Tory says.

"I have a very good solution for that." the ginger smiles. "My dad's shady friend left me this money to buy groceries, pay bills, stuff like that. If you're okay with it, let me get your mom a nurse to watch over her. Cook for her, clean for her, bathe her, and she can cook for your brother too."

"I don't know." Tory shakes her head.

"Think about." Rory grabs her hand. "It'd be a nice way to get to know you better."

"I'll think about it." Tory tells her. "But I make no promises."

"We're gonna have fun, I promise." Rory smiles before going back over to Hawk.

"So, what was that about?" Hawk asks.

"Aisha and Tory are coming over tonight." she says.

"I don't get an invite?" Hawk asks.

"What would you do with just three girls there?" Rory cocks an eyebrow.

"If you invite Miguel, then it wouldn't just be me and three girls." Hawk says.

"But Tory and Miguel are dating. That'd make Aisha feel like a fifth wheel." Rory says.

"She'll be fine." Hawk says. "Come on."

"We'll see." Rory shrugs.

"Aisha, Tory, and Miguel. Come here." Hawk waves the teens over, earning an elbow to the stomach from Rory.

"Yeah?" Miguel questions.

"This was supposed to be an all girls thing, but I made the mistake of telling Hawk. So what do you think about you all coming to my house and staying the night? Hawk, tell your mom you're hanging with Miguel, Miguel, tell your mom you're hanging with me, Tory tell your mom you're hanging with me, and Aisha, tell your mom you're hanging with me and Tory." Rory says.

"Sure." they all say.

"Great." Rory smiles.

"Everybody, get your gis on. Training starts in five minutes." Johnny says and all the teens look around confused. "Yeah, what's wrong?"

"N-N-Nothing's wrong." Miguel says. "I just thought we were going to the woods for a special training today."

"What's happening in the woods?" Johnny asks.

"Well, I thought it was a good time to separate the men from the boys." Kreese says and Rory clears her throat loudly. "And the girls, too, I suppose."

"How?" Johnny questions.

"Coyote Creek." Kreese answers.

Johnny sighs. "I'm not sure they're ready for that."

"There's only one way to find out." Kreese tells him.