forty-one

Everyone stood around anxiously as they watched the clock countdown, waiting on Miguel. Rory was popping every bone she could.

Finally, the buzzer sounded, making Eli the winner. Tory leaned over to her friend's ear. "Boyfriend going against your ex? Must be awkward."

"Hawk's my ex. Not Eli." Rory tells her.

Tory shrugs. "Either way, I can't imagine the anxiety you're feeling right now."

"I want Robby to win no matter who he goes against. I'm still cheering for him. Whether he go up against Kenny, Eli, Miguel, or Demetri. He's the one that matters the most." Rory explains. "So, no. I'm not feeling any anxiety."

"That's good." Tory tells her.

After waiting multiple minutes, it was finally time for the finals. Rory smiled as Robby got ready to fight.

"It's time to show LaRusso and your father that you don't need them." Silver tells Robby. "That you're strong enough on your own."

Rory watches from the side as Silver talks to Robby. She pulls him over a bit. "Hey, Keene."

"Yeah, Sommers?" he asks.

"Do what you want out there. Forget what anyone else says, forget what anyone else tells you to do and fight how you want to fight." she tells him. "No one controls you except you. You have a mind of your own, babe."

Robby nods. "I know."

Rory smiles before kissing his cheek. "Good luck."

"Competitors." the ref calls out. "Face this way. Bow. Face each other. Bow. Ready and fight!"

They immediately began fighting, and Robby scores immediately. "Let's go baby!" he shouts.

Rory cheers him on as she continued to watch, but all of the sudden, Eli calls timeout.

Robby rolls his eyes before walking over to Silver and Kreese. Rory smiles at him before slightly wincing as the pain came back to her stomach.

"Rory, are you okay?" Tory grabs the girl.

Rory quickly turns the pair so Robby doesn't notice her. "Something is wrong with my stomach. It hurts so much... and I feel like—"

"Oh shit, no!" Tory pulls the girl over to the trash can, and Rory immediately throws up. "That's nasty. Did you eat something bad?"

"N—" Rory threw up again. "No. I just... I don't know."

Tory laughs a bit. "What if you were pregnant?"

Rory looks over at the girl slightly, avoiding eye contact. "Oh, my God. Are you pregnant?"

"No. He wears a condom." Rory waves her off.

"Condoms break, Ror. Are you at least on the pill?" Tory asks.

"No... should I be?" Rory quickly turns to her.

"Oh, God. Rory, are you that stupid?" Tory asks.

"I'm not pregnant. I'm sure it's just pain from that girl kicking me in the stomach." Rory tells her.

"Yeah. It probably is." Tory shrugs.

"It is." Rory says sternly.

"Yeah. Totally." she nods.

|

Eli and Robby had been fighting to the point the time ran out. Rory was confused and looked to her sensei for help, but he was as confused as her.

"Unbelievable. These two amazing competitors have reached their three-minute time limit in a one-one tie! Which means their championship match will be decided, for the first time since 1985, by sudden-death overtime!" the announcer informs everyone.